Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(12-10-2018, 04:31 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 03:17 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 08:02 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I hear about all the hatred that supposedly exists on the American right these days. I hear liberals talking about how bad the white supremacist groups are and the bad stuff that members of those groups have done and so forth. However, I do actually hear and see the amount of hatred and the obvious signs and activities associated with hatred that exists on the left these days.

Just yesterday one white supremacist was convicted of first-degree murder for driving his car into a bunch of people who had been protesting people like him (he is an admirer of Adolf Hitler) in Charlottesville, Virginia. A few years ago a blatant racist went into a historic African-American church and killed worshipers who had tried to guide him away from white racism.  (The second fellow has been sentenced to death as the result of a federal prosecution and judgment). A neo-Nazi recently shot several Jews to death in a synagogue in Pittsburgh.

Is there any question that white racism is dangerous to people that the racists see as pariahs?

What do I dislike among the Red?

There is a belief in the short term economically.  Much of reaganomics has been reduced to short term thinking.  You let the debt grow which has been demonstrated to lead to collapse in a decade or so.

Their view of ecology and especially global warming is also short term.  The problems won't hit until the current generations are dead of old age.  It is also a population density thing.  Rural folk don't see the problems which come with lots of people living close together.  If you don't see the evidence of the problem, you are slow to see a problem.  You can rage against them, you can try to fight it, but you can understand.

Then there is prejudice, the Southern Strategy, which is clinging to the past rather that a reluctance to deal with the future.  Different beast, and something that speaks of a corrupt soul.  I can suppose that some might be used to privilege, and one can be used to dumping on individuals due to minority membership,  but I feel more judgmental and personal about equality.  However, you must admit is is different.

Does the desire to solve your own problems, your way, locally, mean you can ignore very real problems that will present grave situations to future generations?  Is it optional that all men and women should be treated well?

I am less concerned with the lone nuts, the crazies.  You can't let yourself set policy according to the acts of an extreme few.  When it becomes a majority, however, that walks the line, it enables the acts of people who have lost it, and actually do what used to be the norm.  (Do you remember the pictures of a town's white population gathering to have their picture taken at a lynching?)

There is a difference between understanding someone and forgiving them.  One can understand clinging to the past, and it is hard to hate that which you understand, but they can be so determined to be blind.
What do you know really know about the Southern Strategy? Do you know as much about it as you know about the Whig's that you identify with today? Here's what I know about the rural folks, the rural folks aren't all that friendly with city folks. The rural folks don't like the hustle and bustle, glamor and glitz, dog eat dog mentality that's  often associated with suburban/urban lifestyles. The rural folks don't like our attitude towards other people and the way we view them and the way we often treat them. I spent a lot if time in rural America growing up. I spent a lot of time getting to know the rural folks throughout the years. I'm usually welcomed because I'm generally viewed as one of them even though I prefer to live in suburbia.

Bob, I assume that you wouldn't like the idea of me telling you what you can do with your life, how you're supposed to raise your kids, what you have to believe, what you have to teach your kids and what you have to accept your kids being taught, what values you have to acknowledge and accept, what values you have to let go of or else, what you can no longer believe in, what you have to believe in and so forth. I get the impression that they actually believe that they're the only adults living in this country. I get the impression that blues are accustomed to being around wimps, fearful adults and submissive/passive adults based on the way they speak to us and the way they conduct themselves in public eye.

Who determines the population of New York city, the rural and suburban red voters or the blues who control/manage New York city and the blue voters who keep them in office and support their people friendly policies that draw in all kinds of people from every where including the entire globe. I mean, you don't have to work to live in New York city or any other blue city or some blue states because there's plenty of welfare and plenty of subsidies and no concerns of federal law enforcement and if the weather is decent all you need is a tent/box and a piece of free public ground that's available to all to squat on and treat as your own. The well to do blues have a problem. The well to do blues have all kinds of problems they've been creating for themselves and creating for the not so well to do blue's who are struggling to remain living in the older blue areas they were born and raised these days. Eric's blaming reds for all the issues relating to the blues. However, I'm seeing blues who are the ones running things and the ones making the policies and enforcing the policies in those areas.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 12-10-2018, 08:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 138 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,149 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,681 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,850 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,919 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 766 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,925 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 710 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999