Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(12-11-2018, 07:20 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 01:58 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 12:45 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 12:57 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 12:07 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Obama was known as the deporter-in-chief, which I would have thought made you happy, considering your usual statements. But Trump has made it worse, without any cause for doing so; separating families, taking men away from their families off the streets, holding immigrants in detention centers, issuing a no-tolerance policy, threatening them with violence, etc. The Obama immigration policy regarding Muslims was very strict, and I don't think your charge against Obama regarding them is correct. Obama and Bush before him and their administrations were good at finding terrorists and stopping them before they could do anything, and at attacking them abroad as well.

Well, it didn't upset me anymore than those pictures upset me and didn't seem to upset the Mexican American voters who voted for Hillary or the liberal news chief or members of the liberal who most likely saw those pictures either. I don't mind if an American president ( any American President) responds to a potential border crisis by sending US troops to back up/reinforce the border patrol as a means to stop 5,000 illegal immigrants who are approaching our southern border in mass who could clash with and overwhelm border security forces in areas. Would you prefer they're dealt with by trained professionals or an angry mod of Americans? I'm glad someone sunk some sense into Obama's head & reminded him which country he was elected to be the President of and who he was suppose to serve before American citizens began taking the law the into their own hands. Now that the blues have regained the House that they lost and the blue Queen seems to have regained the seat that she lost, the blues are going to have to be careful and learn how to submit to the will of the American people because that's what the blues are going to be judged on now. As I've mentioned before, I've never associated the blues with America. I never viewed blues as being American in their views or their values.  I associate the older Democrats like my father in law and their kids as Americans but not the blues. My Democratic friends and casual acquaintance aren't blues which is why I view them as friends and casual acquaintances and don't view them or treat them as adversaries or the enemy so to speak. This is also the reason why, I don't blame them for the stupid shit the blues tend to do and the way the blues tend to act and behave and so forth.

I'm not sure you can make that distinction. Blues is a term that means Democrats.

Do you think the caravan of refugees from Central America thought they could just crash the border and move in? I think they expected an asylum process. By law they are entitled to that process, according to the Courts. Trump's labeling them as criminals and terrorists is his big lie, the one he began his campaign with, and if the reds buy that lie it reflects very poorly upon them. Trump said his troops could shoot the immigrants; that if anything is un-American.
Actually, its not hard to make that determination, I've been doing it for a long time. Why wouldn't they? They crashed through Mexico's southern border or weren't you paying attention to that at the time. As far as I know, US troops can shoot foreigners who attack and threaten the lives of US citizens. You better pull your head out before you have no say in what the American people decide to do about the blue issue and your queen better figure out that most American people are able to make determinations between the Democrats of old and the blues who are running/controlling their party today.

You say you know Democrats today that are not blues. That is false. All Democrats are blue by definition. Blues is a word for Democrats, reds for Republicans. It's just the colors on the map on election day TV. Our "queen" is moderate and even conservative in her voting record compared to other Democrats in congress. If your friends who are Democrats do not support the policies of their representatives in congress, then how do they get elected? Do they vote for the congressperson who represents your district in suburban Minneapolis? You have mentioned your dislike of Keith Ellison before, is he your representative? The suburban district 3 had been Republican and flipped to Democratic in the recent election, I believe.

The demonstrators were crashing the gate because they were being threatened and were being told they could not get asylum. These honest, oppressed citizens of Central America just want to escape from a country that the USA itself has ruined over many years with its policies. They are tired, poor huddled masses yearning to breathe free, which according to US law have the right to ask for asylum. The US troops have no right to shoot these people, and to see them as a threat means that your head is in the sand.
Actually, I live in a suburb of St.Paul in a former Republican district that recently flipped Democratic over the issue of rising healthcare costs. BTW, the same issue was the primary issue that flipped the district that you mentioned. No, I don't like Keith Ellison. But I'm not concerned about him, I figure the issue relating to him is going to eventually catch up with him and force him to leave office. I mean, I don't think being a black politician gives one a right to rough up women anymore than being a black athlete gives one the right to rough up women. I mean, I don't view them as monkey's who don't know any better. I view them as educated people who should know better who don't seem to for whatever reason. Oh well, he's a blue voter problem not mine. He may actually prove to useful while he remains in office.

As far as the caravan folks, are the bulk of them honest or are the bulk of them lying about the reason why they're coming here. BTW, I don't view people who try to lye their way in or those who sneak in as being honest people either. I don't view illegal immigrants who are living here illegally using illegal documents that were illegally obtained to make it seem like they are legal to be here as honest people. I agree, US troops don't have the right to shoot unarmed people for any reason they choose as you implied. I understand that young blues are taught to associate anyone who wears a uniform and carries a gun with fascism. I hope that you understand that the rest us weren't taught to view them the same way. We've been taught to view them a different way and taught to associate them with American law enforcement or American defense. It's one of those, "you don't understand or if you could just understand" differences that I actually do understand much better than you give me credit for understanding and probably accept as being one of the major differences that would have to be settled the old fashioned way with another civil war.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 12-12-2018, 12:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,180 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,722 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,899 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,366 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 751 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter