Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(12-14-2018, 09:20 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Well, all I can say, the obvious expressions of anger and discontent and the vile responses and my negative view of blues and their politicians have nothing to do with stereotypes of blues.

Could have fooled me.

(12-14-2018, 09:20 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I don't think you know how often we are seeing and hearing the blues these days.

About as often as the blues hear the reds I'd guess.  Far too often.

(12-14-2018, 09:20 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I hope the blues realize we live in a different age and I hope they understand that most, if not all reds make enough money to afford computers, TV's internet, cable TV, smart phones, newspapers and so forth. So, you should not view and automatically associate everything bad that we say about them and about the blues and see them say on a regular basis with foolish stereotypes. Oh, the faster you accept that reds aren't like the blues in many ways, the sooner you'll be able to understand what you will and will not be able to get away with and what you will be unable to obtain or accomplish  and where we will be able to comprise on some issues.

The different age the reds live in would include reflections of the Agricultural Age.  Reds want various aspects of yesterday.  

Some do not see it as necessary to act on environmental issues such as global warming, where blues who live in higher population areas generally see the necessity more.  

Some wish to keep traditional privilege, prejudice or ethics.  They see as American the faults of yesterday rather than the attempts to fix them.  

Some believe that if they can get rid of the elite Washington aspect of the Republican Party, if they could condemn the Republican establishment, they could find a way to make the obsolete and dangerous Reaganomic pattern work.  They do not see the value of small government as long since reaching the point of diminishing return.  They value independent and local action rather than larger and more universal one size fits all solutions.  They do not realize that it was the willingness to attack any problem, to tax and spend their way to answers, as that which made America great.

Etc...

But it would be a mistake to believe that all reds are alike, that all reds have all the traits attributed and displayed by any reds.  Of that belief is many a vile stereotype born, but that does not make any of the individual issues go away.  The blues have a similar set of vile stereotypes which is equably simplistic as a whole.  Repeating the stereotype is false, boring and generally rejected by blues as obviously wrong.  If someone hears a stereotype of one's self which is obviously wrong, one can reject everything that that person says as crude and false.  You have to address each issue separately, one at a time, rather than spew the whole stereotype.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Bob Butler 54 - 12-15-2018, 03:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,171 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,706 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,154 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,879 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,298 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 770 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,930 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,092 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter