Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(12-18-2018, 07:09 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: This site has an obvious political slant, an obvious three to one slant. You're a partisan blue. I'm not a partisan red. I'm a partisan American who doesn't view the blues as being all that American these days.

I see this site and the old site, like America as a whole, as on a see saw.  The red and blue perspectives have each had their innings.  What they have not enjoyed is a dominance, a regeneracy, a taking of so much power that the see saw stops for a time.  As recently as September 11 and the immediate aftermath of the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions, the red point of view was dominant.  It showed in the postings of the old site, where Bush 43 was seriously proposed as a grey champion.

That was then.  This is now.

I don't see any red poster willing to defend the Washington Establishments, those aspects of the Republican Party that are entwined with corporate and elite interests.  I also see few red posters willing to defend the corrupt and narcissistic Trump.  There is a partisan disconnect between the blues who see corruption that may not be there, and reds that are willing to ignore or pretend not to see the corruption that is there.  Thus, a lot of posters went away rather than try to defend the indefensible.

Now there is much honorable in the red mindset.  The Washington Insiders are not honorable, those people who have been corrupted by corporate and elite interests.  The deplorables (the KKK, the Neo Nazis, the Southern Strategy voters) are not honorable.  The Evangelicals who would impose their religious beliefs on all America, red and blue, are not honorable.  That leaves, and partisan blue extremists might disagree, much that is honorable and true in the red mindset, even if I disagree with much of it.

Now what issues are important to you personally, that you are willing to project on an immovable core of "Americans".  I do not see immovable.  I see a see saw.  I lean blue.  You lean red.  But what issues are so important to you as to be dominant and immovable?  I don't see you as an insider, deplorable or Evangelical.  You haven't seem to have made those arguments, but some reds are too ashamed of their beliefs to argue for them.  That leaves much else which a blue candidate for president will have to deal with.  What beliefs does someone have to have to count as one of your 'Americans'?

And I still disagree with your trying to preempt the word.  There are many elements of blue thought which have echoed through the history of American culture.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Bob Butler 54 - 12-18-2018, 11:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,181 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,724 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,900 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,370 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 774 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 751 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter