Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(12-19-2018, 12:15 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:01 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: No, you are lying again.  I will report violations of rules, regardless of the political affiliation of the violator, and regardless of whether the violation targets me.  You are only making me inclined to be more persistent about it to be uniform.  This site should be about politics and history, not about vendettas.  The rules should be and as far as I know do apply to all equally.
If I had a personal vendetta, you're life here would be miserable because I would be a full time poster like Eric coming at you viciously like Devils Advocate. He had a vendetta. Me, I viewed it more as business and I approached it that way. At what point do come to gripes with reality and give up the fight/dream? The blue flag alone isn't powerful enough to replace our flag.

Why should I care about someone who from my perspective is far out crazy? Why should I care about what you feel about me? However, I do care about this site. I want it to be centered on history and politics. I do not want it centered on the personal attacks. We cannot lose one of the few red leaning posters left, and have only people who agree with the blue patten left. What would be the fun of that? Against who would we sharpen our arguments, make what is going on clear?

I have long thought that people who switch over to personal attacks have lost their partisan arguments. There was an old saying that the first person who mentioned Hitler had lost. I find people who switch to garbage vendetta patterns have lost. They are just covering their retreat, switching the focus from politics and history to the personal. The other guy has triumphed. Someone going personal is in a way a cause for celebration, a sign prior arguments have won. A red losing is fine, or a blue, but a site that is dominated by personal attacks is not fine. An honorable poster would just admit his loss and not ruin the site.

(12-19-2018, 12:15 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I watched a show the other evening on HBO about the financial crisis. I think Bush summed it up pretty well, as the nation stood on the brink of the next Great Depression, he had a choice between Hoover or Roosevelt, he chose Roosevelt. The guy wasn't that stupid after all. If you have HBO, you should watch it. I think you'd learn why things haven't turned out as planned and off as far as following to script.

A clear good choice. It does not hide that the now traditional red financial policies, then as now, got us into trouble, that the red economics is messed up. It just took far less time for Trump to do the same. Bush 43 still got us in as much trouble as anyone since Hoover. With two more years of Trump likely, we will see. That which does not kill us makes the regeneracy closer.

Bush 43 had his deer in the headlights look, but was not as unintelligent as all that.

I think I already know why the standard red script went bad. Stimulating the economy full time whether things are good or bad is good in the short term, but things blow up in the long term. I'll still keep an eye out for the HBO special.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Bob Butler 54 - 12-19-2018, 08:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,171 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,710 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,154 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,879 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,328 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,930 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,092 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter