Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(12-15-2018, 07:50 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 05:53 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: I have to go with C-Xer here but for different reasons. The US has a good thing going for it with a crashing birth rate. Now we need to close the border to get 0 or negative population growth.  The population's to damn high. I'd rather take a voluntary population reduction instead of mother earth smacking it down. Always remember and never forget, perpetual growth is the philosophy of a cancer cell. As far as the work done by illegal aliens, well, it the labor supply is shut off, meat packing plants etc. can improve wages and working conditions or just shut down as far as I'm concerned. With that in mind, any company that hires illegals needs a big fat fine and if the violation is too egregious , then the owners go off to jail. These companies really need to just automate their work anyway. That's the best option and they need a swift kick in the ass with a steel toed boot to get going.

We'll have to disagree on most of this.  

POPULATION: The carrying level of earth is not infinite, that's for sure, but the US in an underpopulated nation.  If we had India's landmass and population, I'd be with you 100%.

FOOD: I'm not a fan of the food industry, but I know that boutique food prepared by well paid workers is out of the question.  First, the cost is astronomical.  We can't function on bread that costs $8 to $20 a loaf, or meat that's $20 to $100 a pound.  More to the point, if we press that, the entire industry will immediately begin the transition to robots, which is inevitable in the long run but will starve a lot of people in the short run.  I don't have any answers here, but, for now, we need the corrupt system we have.

Yup We disagree, to wit.

1. Bread.  Grain and its products are pretty much automated, so I don't see any significant price rises there.

2. Veggies/fruities.  We have farmer's markets here and the blueberries I bought came from Chile. So there is room for the users of illicit labor to go cold turkey for a while until they can mechanize their stuff.

3. The US is stuffed with people compared to Russia and Canada. In addition , the US can't seem to take care of its own. We're a #shithole country you know.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017...nt-poverty
https://www.dailywire.com/news/12001/san...nk-berrien
https://gizmodo.com/reminder-amazon-trea...1792642652

4.  Uh, how would folks starve if we shut down illegal immigration and send the illegal aliens already here back home?  Methinks replacing illegal aliens with citizens would make citizens get more pay due to an engineered worker shortage.

5. Climate change is gonna make for lots of internal refugees.  Like what happens when the Colorado River runs dry, Florida becomes home to the fishes along with lots of beachfront property.

6. Now of course we need to exile Neocons from power so we can leave Latin America alone. The sanctions against Cuba and Valenzuela need to just go the fuck away. It's none of our business how other countries run themselves.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Ragnarök_62 - 12-19-2018, 07:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,181 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,728 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,901 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,379 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 774 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 751 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter