Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
If you substitute "blues" for "reds" you are nearer the fact, Classic Xer. Reds in general have a very tenuous relationship to reality, and often project their own faults onto the blues. At least when it comes to politics and other society functions. Reds, being often rural or small town/city, can be quite attuned to their own life and work and its practical realities.

But facts are not the only determinant of our views, whether blue or red. We also have different values and worldviews, and different needs; quite opposite ones in many cases.

And yet when thinking about the world, culture and history, and the interplay among peoples and nations, in many cases I don't find too much trouble identifying with the USA, in spite of its many faults. I am glad not to be under the regimes of Russia, China, the Middle East or Africa, where human rights often do not count. When General Mattis referred today to countries and allies that share our values, I knew what he meant.

I would say it's a mistake to say someone is not a T because they have strong "personal feelings and attachments." Attachments are a separate issue from one's T and F preference. Feelings are not things like fear, judgement, prejudice, insecurity, personal desire for attention and approval, or whatever. These are reactive mind elements, and thinking and all the other functions can be subject to such attachments. This is not Feeling, but what the Buddha called craving or attachment, what Jung called emotion, what Jesus called temptation, and they are what take us over rather than what we are or what we prefer.

F - Feeling is described by Jung as a rational function in which we decide what to do based on what we care about. Those who score high F put a high priority on harmony in relationships, and consider themselves tender-hearted, caring and sensitive, according to the MBTI test questions.

One test, which the former MillennialX (Ryen) recently posted elsewhere, has a separate category called Assertive vs. Turbulent, which I assume represents this fifth category. When someone who is a T charges that someone else is an F, in a critical way, I think this category is really what they have in mind. I have to admit, on that test I still lean toward the turbulent side. And their own tendency to criticize may reflect the T critic's own turbulence too.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 12-21-2018, 01:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 139 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,149 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,681 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,851 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,928 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 766 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,925 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 710 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999