Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(12-22-2018, 02:08 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 02:01 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I see that people have to try a lot harder to push those levels of sincerity onto world views which are seen as alien, absurd and wrong.

Anyway, you won't get me unless you accept me as an INTP who sincerely believes in human rights, democracy, equality, Keynes, and environmentalism.  If you do not accept that people who disagree with you have positive views of themselves, if you try to project bad views and stereotypes on them, you will remain lost in the wilderness.  I'm more Whiggish than most blues, less modern in some ways, but lean blue.  Most blues have not thought through where blues came from, and demonize rival thoughts, but if you presume sincerity and truly listen to what people say about their own motivation you will go far in attributing motivation accurately.

I have no doubt that most blues have a very high opinion of themselves and their views. I don't have an issue with you viewing yourself or identifying yourself as an INTP. I'm sorry but the Whigs disappeared with Teddy Roosevelt. So, I really don't know what being Whiggish means these day. Isn't there a modern political term that you can use instead or feel comfortable using around blues? I've got your back. I mean there's only two of them and I can handle both of them myself. Feel free to politically identify.

Me, I'm a solid ISTP. I took a few tests, honestly answered the questions, read the results and information about ISTP's and everything matched. I'm very intuitive but I follow my senses (instincts or follow my gut as they say) Me, I'm a Northern Yankee, A proud supporter of the party of Lincoln in a modern day sense. I'm an American born, American raised, American educated Classical Liberal like FDR, JFK/MLK, Reagan and Trump. You do realize that America has ideology of its own that no other ideology can even come close to matching or defeating.

You and some other reds don't seem to realize that FDR, JFK and MLK are very much to the left of you, and FDR and MLK especially are much to the left even of most blues these days. The party of Lincoln in a modern day sense is one Lincoln would not recognize or support. He would be a Democrat today, and the Democrats of his day would be Republicans today. Lincoln supported government subsidies and programs as well as civil rights for all. You need to realize that labels are confusing and not always accurate, and their historical meaning is not today's meaning.

The libertarian Republicans and Libertarians these days are classical liberals, without much of the liberalism. But classical liberal today is not much different from neo-liberal today, which is mostly what conservative is today. It is just opposition to welfare, taxes and regulations. Blues recognize the need for these things, and that's why they are called liberals today in the USA. 

I don't think Whig is a good label for a liberal today. Bob seems mostly a liberal, except on the gun issue, which he has some problems with liberal positions on. He says he's a strict constructionist on the constitution, and liked Judge Scalia, and maybe that's Whiggish, but the libertarians today go much further in that direction than Bob could go if he supports blue positions today.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 12-22-2018, 12:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,163 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,705 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,154 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,875 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,283 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 769 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,930 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 714 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,092 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter