Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(12-30-2018, 03:16 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 02:00 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Liberalism need not be American. Liberalism is truly international to the extent that a Zionist liberal has far more in common with an Iranian liberal than with a Jewish fascist (and it is sickening to know that there are some). Liberalism is the definitive political expression of enlightened humanism. Liberalism allows people cultural and religious identity, which explains how there are so many Islamic liberals in India.

Liberalism presumes some open-mindedness. Maybe a liberal would have no choice but to find religious bigotry, racism, slavery, militarism, homophobia, and such a practice as female genital mutilation appalling. That is not to say that we liberals recognize no rules, for there is physical and mathematical reality and there is formal logic that makes sense of the world. There are also fundamental decencies that people honor if liberalism is to be something other than cant. Consult the ancient Jews, Greeks, Hindus, and Chinese for basic truths beyond denial. Start with the rule of law, without which all social reality is a nightmare of either despotism or anarchy.

Some of us liberals  are anarcho-syndicalists; some of us are near-libertarians, depending on whether we think the improvement of Humanity and public institutions adequate for creating freedom and prosperity or believing that the harsh logic of an unfettered vital to economic success that solves all problems. Some of us are religious and some of us are pure atheists. We can look like anything, and as much as we can look like anything we have many places in the continuum.

In case you ask 'What about conservatism?' -- I have used conservative arguments for racial equity and gay rights. 'Law and order' is a conservative bromide, but I can say that without law and order, liberty is moot. Tyranny and disorder are criminal brothers. Oppression is not so much an excess of law and order but instead its denial. I have no use for lynchings, evidence of the breakdown of social order. I formulated a conservative defense of gay rights by stating that gay-bashing is so horrible that the promotion of homosexuality as normal protects us all just as does anti-racist law. Having been a victim of antisemitic rhetoric and having been scared of a homophobic beating, I must take the side of Jews and of gays when their right to human dignity are under attack. (Modern antisemitism is mostly racist, so an attack on racism is the defense of Humanity as a whole, which may explain why Jews sponsored the founding of the NAACP. Much of the basis of our morality is ancient knowledge. Murder, rape, theft, torture, enslavement, exploitation, adultery, perjury, and fraudulent oaths remain abominations because human nature is much the same as it was in antiquity.

I  suggest that you think it through. Your pattern of thought shows extreme superficiality. You are missing something in life, and it shows.
Hmmm. I'm a popular guy. I have many friends. I own a decent home. I own a business. I own all kinds of fun stuff. I have a decent wife. I'm financially stable, I'm close with my kid. I have a group of close friends that I've known since childhood or my early teenage years. I have some loving pets. My family (me and my siblings) is very close (we love and respect each other a lot and we enjoy and we enjoy being around each other  and we're supportive of each other at all times) as well. I like my job and my career and the bulk of my customers and business associates.  

So, in your expert/professional opinion, what am I missing in my life at this point.  I can see all kinds of things in that list that you're probably  missing. So, I suggest you start thinking things through better while I'm around here. You're a better poster when you think things through better or recognize your mistakes and attempt redeem yourself with clarifications. I'm not worried about me. I'm pretty well armed and pretty well trained with firearms and I'm familiar with the outdoors and familiar with reds and familiar with decent blue folks too. I mean, you're superficial comments and statements and views are easy to identify, challenge, surgically dissect  and seriously bring them all into question by other readers, people who pass through or other posters who participate from time to time.

May you bring more of your happiness and wisdom from your life into these posts here.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 01-01-2019, 02:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 135 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,148 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,680 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,849 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,907 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 765 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,924 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 708 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999