Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(01-09-2019, 05:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 04:24 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 12:39 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: blue governments are well-managed; reds are not.

CA is solvent right now, probably because property tax revenues are so high; at least I think so, given the sky high property values. Unbelievable. Most Bay Area houses cost over a million and apartment rents are $2-3000 per month. Unemployment is low in prosperous areas, but poverty is high among poor and immigrant populations in poor central valley (generally Republican) areas, and there's homelessness because of the high housing costs everywhere.

We have strict gun laws, but the 2nd amendment still applies, so criminals and would-be criminals who aren't criminals yet can still get guns and kill people, like a teen football player yesterday in the Bay Area and several others today. Cops still get shot too, and cops still shoot people. It's still America. Real Americans support gun control and gun bans because real Americans don't want to see a bar fight become a shooting of a little girl like what happened in Texas this week. Real Americans are more concerned about so many people being shot dead for no reason, instead of whether they can shoot a deer or not instead of going to the grocery store.
Dude, a real American wouldn't have to cater to illegal aliens and pleasing naive immigrant populations and foreign interests the way blues are being forced to do out of necessity today. How many years have you been a clueless blue minded person? Me, it's been about 35 years since I've been close to being one, so to speak. I mean, the old forum was kind of like it was during middle school. The only thing different was the bullies were the bullied people back in the day. As it turned out, they weren't any better than the bullies where back in the day.

I disagree (surprise surprise). The statue of liberty represents real America. That's what people see when they come to our greatest harbor. You know what it says.

I've been a "clueless" blue person ever since I have known any politics at all. Family tradition, perhaps. Of course, in the 1990s I also became a green. Although, going before my parents, my family were probably more red than blue. They came from what are now called red states. My grandfather, who was a talented engineer and investor, and a source of family wealth, was a New Deal Democrat, but became an avid red by the sixties. He called me up and said our new family car would run better with a Goldwater sticker on it. My other grandfather was related to Abraham Lincoln (a common great great grandfather, a couple of times removed from Abe), and he was an enthusiastic Republican.
I wonder how many Americans view the Statue of Liberty as being more important to them and their lives than the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 01-09-2019, 08:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,163 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,705 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,154 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,874 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,274 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 768 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,930 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 714 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,092 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter