Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will happen if someone lives by 3T values in the 1T?
Quote:In my own experience and recollection, most of the GI Generation members did not think like Beats or hippies or other non-conformists until the time of the Beats or later in the 2T. There were pioneers from older generations quietly doing work which would contribute to the Awakening later, such as Hoffman who invented LSD, and psychologists like Carl Rogers and Abraham Maslow and philosophers like Alan Watts. Many GIs, especially younger ones, experienced the Awakening when it came around 1966, just as younger folks did, and changed their lives because of it. Others hung on to the old ways and defended them against their Boomer children.

I know most didn't, but how did the ones who did cope during the era? As in people severely marginalized and on the sidelines because they didn't think like the majority or people who thought the society oppressed them. Did they drink a lot to cope or take lots of prescription drugs? I heard a lot of people like that had to constantly numb themselves during the era.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will happen if someone lives by 3T values in the 1T? - by disasterzone - 10-14-2016, 03:33 PM