Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will happen if someone lives by 3T values in the 1T?
(10-31-2016, 07:54 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(10-30-2016, 10:50 PM)disasterzone Wrote:
(10-30-2016, 12:05 PM)FLBones Wrote:
(10-29-2016, 04:30 PM)disasterzone Wrote:
(10-27-2016, 12:31 PM)FLBones Wrote: Well, it's like it says in the 4T book, those outside of the mainstream culture feel stifled by the conformity. They may also be prone to prosecution as was the case with McCartyhism. During the last 1T, the red scare set about a socially conservative climate which the 50s are known for. The 1920s however was a decade where the social climate became more and more liberal.

Would they drink or severely isolate from other people themselves to survive the 1T and numb themselves until it's over? Turn to financial risk taking because the normal system has nothing to offer them and they really have nothing to lose?
In past first turnings, they were usually put to socially useful tasks and blended in. If they followed the conventional way of the High, they'd probably find it dull and mind numbing. May use tranquilizers to numb this out, like some housewives did in the 1950s or the Beatniks. For those who openly go againist the norms of the High era, they will find themselves at odds from society, finding it difficult to get along with others and face expulsion dealing with an us vs them mentality.

I think during a High era, for the late wave artists, and the early wave prophet generations, they just go along with the flow because there's nothing else to do but their inner lives are under turmoil at the same time. As time goes on, the inner struggles become overpowering and they sense this void in society and thus, the 2T begins. I'm sure Awakenings are bring some relief to these people.

What happens to Civics or very old artists who find themselves at odds with society during the 1T when the 2T comes around? Would they feel relieved or would they feel their life was wasted because they were forced to live so much of it in eras they were at odds with? Would they lament being born in the wrong time?

They would be relieved.  Wiesner, for example, was a GI who let student protesters occupy his office without trying to keep them out.

What will happen to people who backlash against their place during the 1T and don't wait until afterwards? As in people who react to the now rather than the later. I don't have time to wait around til I'm 60.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will happen if someone lives by 3T values in the 1T? - by disasterzone - 10-31-2016, 08:15 AM