Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-05-2018, 07:04 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 05:51 PM)Teejay Wrote: Bob Butler 54 wrote:

Quote:Hmm. You seem to be highlighting conservative peaks in the see saw as possible regeneracy, where someone like Eric or Pbower would nominate progressive highlights. That one new set of values is not riding high, running roughshod, is indication to me that no regeneracy has taken place, that the out of power party remains in a position to flip the see saw.

Me, I could daydream about the anti establishment wings of both parties getting behind a compromising Grey Champion who takes both sets of concerns seriously and takes over one party or the other. I recognize, however, that this has not happened yet. Not close.

I would not say I am highlighting only conservative peaks in the see saw, I just argue they just came first in this case. With these things you need a something to trigger it and Barack Obama becoming President in 2008 was going to affect the Conservatives more than the Progressives. With the election of Donald Trump now we are seeing the Progressive part of the see saw more prominently before, some examples would be the Black Lives Matter and #metoo movements.

In a Crisis, it is the last act that mattes most. Hitler completely dominated the German Crisis of 1940 from early 1933 until early 1945.  After that, American, British, French, and Soviet generals  decided what was possible and what was impossible in Germany. Events can discredit a secular leader, and somehow I cannot see Donald Trump as the sort who establishes what is possible and what is not beyond his Presidency.

I totally agree with you with that assessment, hence why I argued that the new order did not begin to take shape until quite late in the last Fourth Turning, about when the Battle of Stalingrad occurred in 1942-1943.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by Teejay - 09-05-2018, 07:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,620 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,077 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz