Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-11-2018, 10:15 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 08:35 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Not a 4T!  A 2T!  Mumble...  Smile

There is a slight uptick in the spiral of violence.  Suicides are pushing for a splash before exiting the scene.  This does not seem linked to any particular political movement, so I am not counting it as a large change in the spiral.  The media is exploiting and boosting the trend by reporting it to an extreme.  You have to kill more people to get lots of impact for your act.  As they once put it, anything to sell papers.  It is blood money.

I think this may be the end point: muddle through and let the next 2T settle the argument philosophically … or not.  Our grandchildren may decide to chop the country into separate nations, and let the teams relocate to areas they find more to their liking, though I see that as a 4T-type effort.

Yes, it is a 4T type effort, which is why if it happens, it will happen in the next 10 years, especially around 2025; something I have predicted might happen in this time period for almost 50 years now. It will NOT happen in a 2T. Generationally, it is impossible, because adaptives will be in middle age, and civics in leadership positions.

Quote:There is one solution that doesn't require a dominant view of where we need to go: a schism. I doubt it will happen formally, but functionally, it already has. It's hard to see how that may be implemented without a fracturing of the nation, but we really are, and have been since the beginning, two separate nations. The two value structures are simply incompatible in their current form, and no one seems to have a guide-on that will lead us to a workable solution other than going our separate ways.
Yes indeed.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by Eric the Green - 09-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,586 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,046 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz