Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-14-2018, 03:28 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: There would have been no regeneracy during Bush 43; it was still the 3T. The military needs for his program were throwbacks to the 1T and a failed 2T unpopular war, and not a forward-looking regeneracy program.

The 40s, especially the early 40s, were 4T.  It is easy to say the 1950 were 1T, and it was for much of white America.  When did the 2T occur?  The Civil Rights movement plaid out in the 50s and 60s.  The peace movement and gender equality played in the 60s.  Environmentalism played in the 1970s.

If the high was short, the unravelling (and see saw) was long.  I see the National Malaise as a sign that America's confidence was shot, the awakening over.  Reagan defined unraveling politics.  So, depending on the markers you choose, September 11 was close to the expected start of a 4T.  The conservatives on the old site were certainly ready to nominate Bush 43 as Grey Champion early on.

But, anyway, with the crazy timing of the cycles after the mid 40s, an age shift, and the failed crisis, we are pretty much in uncharted territory.  We need a progressive juggernaut, a holding on to the White House and Congress that will not see saw after two years of aggressive progressive rule.  It is not clear that Trump has managed that, though I do see it likely that he has flipped the see saw.  I could see the reds electing a kinder gentler candidate in the mold of Trump or Palin if no one acknowledges their point of view.  They could convince themselves that the problem is Trump, not their values, and look again for someone to make the old red values work.

I do not think the old red values will work, but I do not think the reds are quite ready to admit it.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by Bob Butler 54 - 09-14-2018, 08:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,672 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,123 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz