Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-15-2018, 12:06 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 08:18 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: But, anyway, with the crazy timing of the cycles after the mid 40s, an age shift, and the failed crisis, we are pretty much in uncharted territory.  We need a progressive juggernaut, a holding on to the White House and Congress that will not see saw after two years of aggressive progressive rule.  It is not clear that Trump has managed that, though I do see it likely that he has flipped the see saw.  I could see the reds electing a kinder gentler candidate in the mold of Trump or Palin if no one acknowledges their point of view.  They could convince themselves that the problem is Trump, not their values, and look again for someone to make the old red values work.

I do not think the old red values will work, but I do not think the reds are quite ready to admit it.

The same may be true for the old Blue values.  And let's be frank about it, the neoliberals held all the Blue cards in the 3T and Obama wasn't an improvement in the 4, but both sides of this argument have flawed thinking, though the flaws in the Red side are gargantuan.  No one can convince me that handing over the world's economy and political structure to the private sector has any potential to make life better for those not already making all the money and wielding all the power.

But we still need a viable alternative.  Where's the 21st century's John Maynard Keynes?

In some ways a good post.  My opposition is in the theory.

If Obama was going along with the Neoliberals, and it feels that way, how was he the Grey Champion and how did he rule a 4T?  We have not yet had a regeneracy resulting in a government trying to push the new values.

Now in the Industrial Age, the big war often took around 5 years, while the turning lasted a generation or so, more than 20 years.  You could call it a 4T before any military catalyst, the election of the person who is the eventual embodiment of the new values, and even include the times of the bad conservative presidents who preceded the Champion.  (Buchanan, Hoover, Bush 43, Trump.)

But all of that is before the regeneracy, before a progressive majority attempts to switch to new values and renders the conservatives almost powerless.

I suppose we might be in the early pre regeneracy part of a 4T, but most emphatically we are not in a regeneracy or the heart of a 4T proper.  The country is quite divided with the reds quite capable of, say, holding the White House, controlling the Congress, loading the Supreme Court...

But boundaries aside, good post.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by Bob Butler 54 - 09-15-2018, 12:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,576 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,040 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz