Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-17-2018, 10:58 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: As I stated before many times, the best scenario I see in our 4T era is for the left to take power during the 2020s, and opposed by a rebellion whose violence will be limited to a relatively short uprising by the pro-gun, anti-tax and anti-diversity fanatics in the red states. Secession may occur, but the violence may be corralled before the 1T starts in circa 2028. The Trump base will linger, but my suspicion and hope is that its power will only be enough to make a 4T crisis climax exist, beyond which a relative, but not complete, consensus will lead us into the future.

If you can accomplish the first step on your list, the odds are decent that progress will be made.  Unfortunately, Progressive ideas are scary.  They are often new and untried, so the less adventurous (i.e. almost all the population) will only opt for that as a last resort.  Note: Winston Churchill saw that as the defining issue of our politics.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by David Horn - 09-18-2018, 03:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,581 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,043 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz