Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going
(09-21-2018, 11:46 AM)tg63 Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 08:59 AM)Tuss Wrote: ... But "heroes" fatefully deciding the destiny of the west at the hour of peril? Nowhere to be seen. More like a generation of prescription drug soyboys than good boy scouts, to be honest.

One blunt assessment could be that you cannot be a "Hero" generation if your head is full of goo, and certainly, the Millennials appear not only to be the most indoctrinated, but also at the expense of being the worst educated generation in history.

I dunno, I think the theory posits that the Millie generation are positioned to be "heroes" due to circumstance, not because of any innate sense or ability. From that perspective all they need to do is have a patriotic streak at a time of crisis, and then show up en masse ... the Boomers & Nomads will tell them where to go & which forts/machine guns to storm. From that perspective, I see indoctrination actually as a good thing - we don't want our soldiers thinking too much for themselves.

I agree. The Millennials will rise to the occasion as foot soldiers, but not in the same sense as the GIs. Their "war" will be different, and will be dragged onto their playing field. Look at their normal modus operandi. They organize in a fashion that is below the surface using social media: very broad and fitting of their hive-nature. Why would we expect them to abandon that behavior in the face of any challenge? It's how they win, and they understand that intuitively.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going - by David Horn - 09-22-2018, 08:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,632 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,091 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz