Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Feels Like The 90s
(09-25-2018, 02:27 PM)TheNomad Wrote:
Quote:I will throw it out there.  Since I was alive and pretty much an adult by that time, right now feels an awfully lot like the late 80s/early90s when everything seems to have gotten turned on its head.  The familiarity I am speaking of I will direct that toward the current president having been an aberration (which I said a long time ago) and may be removed in the future election.  The climate right now is sort of on fire a little bit.  It seems many people are angry and not just seething but striking out in ALL ways as if a bridled, frustrated beast of the field trying to buck loose from chains.

Things have gotten stuck.  There were the Rodney King riots in LA and the suchlike. The only change I see is superficial crap like SJW's and "outrage shrieking".  The participation trophy generation is all grown up and has no place to go. Big Grin

Quote:Could it be everything will soon shift?

Yes, it will happen when something big breaks.

Quote:I cannot say what it may look like, but I think the most major indicator of public mood "feels" a certain way that cannot be immediately or authentically quantified. 

If it's like the change from the mid 1960's which I can remember to the late 60's, change comes as warp speed. Music, public discourse, legislation, all change.  Important things like flammable rivers, wars, the economy, etc. attract attention and stuff actually gets done to address them.  This isn't the case now of course. We still have long assed wars, a shitty economy for most folks, and environmental destruction.

Quote:Since the reason I come to this thread is to exact the ideas of the 4th Turning and Generations books, I am using those ideas to "see".  This is something I can gauge because I was there and present at the end of the 1990s in America.  There is no real explanation for it even now.  It is a general mood that things are stagnant and need a cleansing.

Some folks think things are a stagnant swamp, other, not so much.

Quote:Could this be a one presidency like Bush?

Not at all. We all support the agenda by our assent, whether quiet or noisily. The agenda is tinkle down economics, more goodies for the MIC, and allowing the racket economy to continue. Folks could do something if they wanted to.  Why not get back to the garden and reject con$umerism? Do folks really need the new IShit? Do folks have to act like a herd of wild animals on Black Friday? Do folks go into debt for ego sake? The only way that stuff stops is if folks stop worshiping at the alter of Mammon. Think about it. The less crap you buy, the less time you have to spend at some mind numbing minimum wage job.

Be a minimalist.

Quote:Based on the "flip-flop" patterns we make as humans (I believe is the basis of the Turning theories) we get too much of something, or not enough of something else, then we need to rotate back again.  It seems TO ME clear this is what's happening.  It feels like what I know of the late 1960s and 1970s (but was not "there" to make a coherent personal analysis even by memory), and feels kind of the same "mind" or "mood" as the 1990s, and now it feels that way again.

Things feel nothing like the 70's.  That's easy. Everything is new. It was a great time to be a kid. I was young and the age was young, reborn. Big Grin

Imagine...  Being a kid riding shotgun in one of older cousin's car, no seat belt, with 2 other cousins in back, riding 90 miles an hour down a dirt road.  That's something for reflections!  And the music coming in on the radio just like the vid. It was an awesome time to be alive.  

Quote:Genera outrage and panic, I think there are more of that <--- than the opposite with people being content and reasonable.  We are still building toward a more huge fluctuation, but I am not sure I can say what that looks like.  Perhaps just a REALLY strong version of what I have described, because I was nowhere close to existing in the last comparative Turning which was WWII and New Deal era.  I cannot speak to that because I was not there to know what anyone was "feeling".

It's a 4T, not a 2T.  However the 4T will be a panicced variant of the 2T. You'll know it's here with a change in tune and stuff starts moving real fast.  The other problem with 4T's is that stuff can end up being really fucked up.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
It Feels Like The 90s - by TheNomad - 09-25-2018, 02:27 PM
RE: It Feels Like The 90s - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-25-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: It Feels Like The 90s - by Eric the Green - 09-27-2018, 12:35 AM
RE: It Feels Like The 90s - by Eric the Green - 01-18-2020, 01:27 PM
RE: It Feels Like The 90s - by beechnut79 - 01-18-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: It Feels Like The 90s - by Anthony '58 - 08-11-2019, 08:22 AM
RE: It Feels Like The 90s - by David Horn - 08-11-2019, 05:04 PM
RE: It Feels Like The 90s - by Eric the Green - 01-18-2020, 01:06 PM
RE: It Feels Like The 90s - by Warren Dew - 01-18-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: It Feels Like The 90s - by Anthony '58 - 01-18-2020, 06:50 PM