Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Girl's Revolt
(10-31-2016, 06:33 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 02:14 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 11:57 AM)disasterzone Wrote: I actually like intensity and idealism. I'm just angry that boomers did everything to stamp out individuality in their young and created a bunch of people intent on eliminating it, allowing no exceptions to the rules. I mean why else would they be so intent on forcing medications on kids or pushing children into large groups, trying to make them perfectly behave?  Now I'm stuck in this generation and there's nothing I can do about it but survive it until it's over.

No they did not. They FOUGHT for those folk who were considered different. Fought for their rights and for them to be heard. They FOUGHT for individualism in the name of freedom because when they were kids anyone who was different was shoved aside and treated like 2nd class citizens. I honestly do not know where you are getting this impression.

Boomers fought for minority groups, emphasis on the groups.  That's very different from fighting for individualism.  When Boomers were kids, any kid who didn't wear the standard Boomer "protest" uniform of worn jeans and a tie dyed T shirt was shoved aside and treated like 2nd class citizens, you got that right.  It was the squares who were given that treatment, though, not the protesters.

I don't quite agree, at least for the core boomers. The hippie and protest styles came in when we were teenagers, and for some of us were very liberating. But I know boomers in youth could be haughty, and put those down who weren't in the in group-- although that may be true for other generations too. Millennials seem like accepting and collegial folks like they're supposed to be, but there's still bullying, and some millennials are sometimes temperamental and mean. Well, it always takes all kinds to make a whole generation. You have to take generalizing about generations with a grain or two of salt.

But for me, that difficult phase ended with the 2T began in the mid-sixties. After that, boomers were open and accepting and very friendly. It was peace and love time. The barriers dropped, and freedom reigned. That ended promptly with the 3T in 1984, when boomers went back to being haughty and arrogant. Although, on the other hand, in the 2T there was as much pressure to be hip and break through social barriers, as there was to conform in the 1T.

Quote:It's still the case that any "Blue Boomer" will attack black conservatives like Thomas Sowell with a passion, because they consider him to be a traitor to the cause just because he doesn't conform to their idea of what a black person should be like.

A black conservative is probably a traitor to the cause, because conservative policies today are often dog-whistles for racism, and are almost entirely about resentment against paying taxes to help poor people. Black conservatives may be resented by some liberals, along with white ones, because those policies are what's wrong with our country today, and this ideology affects everyone and everything negatively.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Good Girl's Revolt - by Bob Butler 54 - 10-31-2016, 02:57 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Odin - 10-31-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 10-31-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 10-31-2016, 11:57 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Odin - 10-31-2016, 03:07 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 10-31-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Eric the Green - 10-31-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Eric the Green - 10-31-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 11-02-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 11-02-2016, 02:10 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 11-03-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by disasterzone - 11-03-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by Odin - 11-04-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by The Wonkette - 11-04-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: Good Girl's Revolt - by gabrielle - 12-13-2016, 02:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WWW.KINGTRUST.TO GOOD DUMPS PIN TRACK 1&2 CLONED CARDS ATM/GILF CARDS/EMV SOFTWARE/ C selldumps 0 79 03-14-2024, 03:00 AM
Last Post: selldumps