Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will/shall Xers do with their knowledge about Turnings/Archetypes?
(02-07-2019, 09:22 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 11:14 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: So - what should Yers do with their knowledge?

I assume you mean millennials.

If the millennial elite treats S-H theory seriously, they could do something to suppress the Awakening. Perhaps they will raise their kids in the 2030s the way they were reared in the 1990s and 2000s. Perhaps they will use advanced techniques of propaganda to discourage a "romantic rebel" attitude when the time for Awakening comes.

Such a scenario has interesting consequences. If the Awakening is suppressed the new cycle will be a shorter one. New Crisis and new Civic generation will arrive in the 2060s, when some millennials will still be active. There could be a strong bond between the millennials and neo-millennials, together they could see the triumph of a civic order they couldn't achieve in the 2010s.

No-one should have expected the millennials to achieve a new civic order in the 2010s. A civic generation in early youth does not achieve a civic order; they probably don't even go to war yet. Whatever civic order achieved by ALL the generations alive in our 4T, will be achieved in the 2020s. The 2010s are 1850s redux: failed attempts at compromise, increasing polarization, lack of leadership, racial/identity clashes, a bad supreme court, etc. We are at best only up to about 1854.

By far, not enough millennials today have any idea about generations and turnings cycle. It is a cult following that exists mostly on a few forums like this. Such a meager awareness will not be able to shift or eliminate any turnings, even assuming they could all agree to change their parenting style from what would seem natural to them, given their own overly-helicoptered upbringing.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will/shall Xers do with their knowledge about Turnings/Archetypes? - by Eric the Green - 02-07-2019, 01:36 PM