Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will/shall Xers do with their knowledge about Turnings/Archetypes?
Quote:That's not where I see the change occurring, frankly.  I see change at the foundational level, where baseline assumptions are changing without leaving much of a trace.  A lot of what is now hyper-PC would have been laughable just 20 years ago, yet it's now driving the discussions we have about values.  Let's take the mess in my state of Virginia.  Initially, it was blackface that was the unforgivable sin, and still may be in the end.  Never mind that sexual assault is a class 1 felony, and should have been the more important of the two issues.  It was only the emergence of a second accuser that the roles reversed.  Now, add in the presumption of innocence, and the discussion goes right off the tracks.

Prior to the Clintons, these issues would have been page 4 below the fold (maybe not the rape accusation, but blackface certainly).  The resolutions would have been negotiated behind the scenes, and some general kumbaya statement issued by <insert the moral authority of your choice>.  I'm not arguing that this is either better or worse, just the reality of today versus a short 2 or 3 decades ago.

That's why I'm so frustrated. My speech and freedom are being suppressed. I don't even try to be non offensive because they will react either way with offense. I'm just brash and unapologetic to people who are easily offended. It's the only way to deal with them to show they have no power over you. They respond in shock if you don't go along with what social media tells you to do. It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission. Just do whatever you want and push through with willpower because they will always say no when negotiating.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will/shall Xers do with their knowledge about Turnings/Archetypes? - by AspieMillennial - 03-28-2019, 05:46 PM