Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Heroes mostly brave - oder obedient?
(05-15-2019, 12:58 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: But then again everyone knows that it is the Nomads that clean up the mess that the Idealists make. The Civics are only tools to this end.

Everyone who read S&H and understood them, anyway.

Also, if some "Prophets" have a good image, it's because they had competent Nomads working for them to make pragmatic daily decisions. Without the Eisenhowers and Pattons, FDR would have stayed a useless talker.

(05-15-2019, 01:39 AM)taramarie Wrote: The boomers here from my experience have firm ideals they wish to push onto others and as a child they had stated over and over that we were the generation who would clean up the messes of the generations before us and we were their hope.

It seems to me that they deserve someone to tell them that they have no right to make any moral judgements unless they'll go in sackcloth for the rest of their life.

(05-15-2019, 01:39 AM)taramarie Wrote: They didn't like drugs, anything sexually suggestive, and us doing anything considered dangerous.

After they didn't leave anything out when they were younger.

(05-15-2019, 02:18 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote: If being mature gets you run over IMO maturity is a stupid value.

No one should disagree with that.

(05-15-2019, 02:26 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote: How come I was able to see things as propaganda despite being a Millie myself? Things just flashed into my head and it went "LOGIC DOES NOT COMPUTE. LOGIC DOES NOT COMPUTE. THIS CONTRADICTS THIS. THIS RESULTS IN SOMETHING BAD. LOGIC DOES NOT COMPUTE." What kind of upbringing causes this?

I also suspect that you Asperger might have to do sth with it. (Maybe all those Boomers out there hate autism/Asperger because ppl with it tend to say the blunt truth? I'm talking about the anti-vacc crowd.)

(05-15-2019, 02:29 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: As for an upbringing solution the key is to teach kids how to separate truth from nonsense.

Few parents do that. Maybe autism/Asperger folks intuitively understand if something isn't logical? No wonder the "NT" drive them crazy.

(05-15-2019, 02:59 AM)taramarie Wrote: You are lucky. My mother and my partners mother are crazy and tend to say "listen because I say so." Its gross and im sick of lack of logic. It is controlling and I despise it. That's not maturity. That is arrogance.

Agree 100%.

(05-15-2019, 03:16 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: In before "Hurr, Durr Prager U" Cool

Well, they aren't all wrong.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Heroes mostly brave - oder obedient? - by Hintergrund - 05-18-2019, 09:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why I think a 1981 start date for Millies/Heroes can work Ghost 15 5,033 11-21-2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Dustinw5220