Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did people live through the 4Ts without becoming misanthropic?
(04-07-2019, 08:27 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 07:57 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: People need friends, allies, and even cronies. People often must make deals to survive. Pure individualism is not tolerated in armies and navies, and it does not work against gangster governments.

I will do whatever I want regardless of whether it's tolerated. I'm used to not being tolerated. Being a slave to the gangster government is the death of the self so either way I'm fucked over. My mentality is since I'll be fucked over either way I'd rather be fucked over while doing whatever I want rather than being fucked over while not doing what I want. I have nothing to lose. No matter which side wins this 4T the winner will create an evil dystopia to me. I see all sides as evil horrible people. So no matter what I lose. So instead of killing myself in a race I know I'll lose I'm gonna just go do what I want.

Life is not that bad. Hardly anyone gets everything he wants out of life. Surely you can find some joy in life, perhaps in things for which others lack the patience and curiosity.

Life is worth the struggle. It may be all that you have, depending on your theological beliefs.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did people live through the 4Ts without becoming misanthropic? - by pbrower2a - 04-07-2019, 06:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "New York City to Involuntarily Remove Mentally Ill People From Streets" erdna3 4 854 12-05-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  What should people who hate their generation do? AspieMillennial 15 6,438 11-21-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  What will happen to people who rebel during the 1T disasterzone 29 28,832 11-29-2016, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Marypoza