Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skipped an archetype like time before last?
(04-24-2019, 03:21 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote: I would argue 9/11 was the beginning of the 4T in some ways.

I've been thinking this forever.  Every time I post that here, most do not agree. 

When I look at the last 4th Turning, the economic part happened a full decade before the war part.  At least, the way America experienced it.  What is to say the reverse cannot be true? 

It also seems like the post-911 America and the changes that came from that event and the wars after are down-played by others who do not see 911 as a part of a genuine 4th Turning.  They have said it was too "early" and things did not change substantially enough in America to warrant that being part of the Turning.

I think this attitude comes from those who were fully adults at that time (2001 and the 00s) who maybe are just not ready to see that event for what it was and how much it changed America, our values, our privacy, our willingness to let freedoms be compromised by said opening of privacies for the sake of said security... and the idea that Millennials WERE the ones who actually fought in the post 911 wars (just as the scenario plays out w S&H theory).  Pick a magic number, 1984.  2002 is the 18yo person graduating from HS entering the military in 2002 - the start of the 911 Wars which lasted at least a decade.  During that time, we had financial collapse and now the word "Crisis" is in every headline of every event in America about everything.

Climate
Immigration
Financial (tho not discussed openly anymore, pretending it's over)
Homeless
Affordable Housing
Race Issues
#MeToo
Lack Of Jobs
Fair Wages
Corps Pay No Tax
Constitutional Crisis over Branches of Govt and Power/Accountability

on and on, we are in the Crisis.  It's just about narrowing WHEN in the Crisis.

It is a mistake to think 911 was not in the Crisis bracket.  Everything changed in America after that.  The only people who don't know that were too young when it happened to know the difference.  Or, too old to not be able to admit the difference.

Messages In This Thread
RE: skipped an archetype like time before last? - by TheNomad - 04-27-2019, 03:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Archetype Names! jleagans 36 14,214 03-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,648 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Which turning and archetype is most joyful? Blazkovitz 31 12,612 05-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype? AspieMillennial 2 2,127 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: David Horn