Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skipped an archetype like time before last?
(04-30-2019, 08:10 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 09:55 AM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: If I recall correctly, somebody once tried to segment the Progressives into an early Civic grouping, and a later Artist grouping.

As for Generation X, I believe that it is now too late to press them into a Hero role like that British generation-Xers have been getting too old to play young adult Heroes.

I too remember this.  On the old forum there was a concept going around that the Guilded Generation really should be segmented into two distinct generations...the Guilded Generation (which is nomadic) and the Bloody Shirt Generation (which was heroic).  The two could be differentiated by their role in the ACW.  Bloody Shirts were largely soldiers and NCOs during the ACW while the Guilded would be officers.

--

That being said, I don't believe that the archetype is skipped rather that given mega-turning and mega-saeculum placement certain archetypes are enhanced to a greater degree.  Largely speaking Millies are indeed acting as S&H predicted except that their preferred politics is on the left generally.  Hence why the largely populist-conservative Gray Champion (Donald Trump--who represents the Jacksonian tradition and is/was a NYC Business Democrat despite what the lame stream media tells you) is portrayed by many of them as their mortal enemy.

Given that I've always argued that we are in a Mega-Unraveling the nomadic tendency is enhanced and heroic ones are waning and won't be on the upswing again until the arrival of the Mega-Crisis which will start when it is clear that the current 4T is over.  Sometime between 2020 and 2030.

If we look at the generations born in the current saeculum we see a very large nomad streak in each.  Boomers are notorious for being in it for themselves (a very nomad trait).  Xers are pretty obvious (I've called them super-nomads before), and even Millies while they are more collective than Boomers or Xers are also very nomadic in character.  Zeds will not be a hero generation, they are so far too recessive for that (and the oldest Zeds were being born as early as 1997ish).

Unless a major war presses them into mass scale involvement Zeds will not be Heroes and it seems unlikely that such a war will break out.  After all Doritos Hitler Blumpf is actually talking with enemies.  As for wars in the Middle East...what else is new?  I suppose next someone will predict that the sun will rise in the east or that ice will be cold.

What you see as the Nomad streak in the Boomers and Millennials you see is probably because you're looking at the US. The US was founded as a rebellion to the status quo of the countries they were from...………. So what you are looking at is American culture and the character of the country's culture more than anything.

Messages In This Thread
RE: skipped an archetype like time before last? - by AspieMillennial - 04-30-2019, 08:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Archetype Names! jleagans 36 14,113 03-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,634 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Which turning and archetype is most joyful? Blazkovitz 31 12,487 05-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype? AspieMillennial 2 2,112 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: David Horn