Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skipped an archetype like time before last?
(04-30-2019, 09:14 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 08:44 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Truth is usually consistent and banal, which can make it seem like drivel to revolutionaries of any kind, whether Marxists, Randists, or outright fascists -- or to criminals.

Lies can be banal and consistent too, or have you not been watching Mr. Meddow for the last four or so years?  Anyway...Don't you have something to criticize the President for?  Like his nouveau riche tastes.

Bad taste is more a matter of personal ridicule. So you ask me -- what would I do if I inherited a fortune? Well, I would not decorate as Trump did. Or John Gotti. Or Pablo Escobar. Or any of the dictators. OK, so I have never wallowed in a fantasy of how I could spend a few million dollars. OK, a fictional character like Jed Clampett doesn't quite fit me, either. If I had children, I would want them to grow up with their heads on straight. No toy Mercedes, that is for sure.

Liars usually get tripped up on inconsistencies in what they said. I am reminded of J. Edgar Hoover stating that every criminal that he ever met was a liar... and that the FBI trick in finding a guilty person is to find the liars connected to the crime. Innocent people will say embarrassing things about themselves, if necessary, to clear themselves. Evidence or consistent testimony of innocent people will contradict the crook even if the crook does not say anything.

Telling non-truth might not be a lie; one can simply be mistaken. Honest people can recognize a mistake when such is shown to them. Dishonest people start denying or defending their falsehoods.

Quote:I understand he likes the colors of gold and cream white.

I prefer a genuine Timex to a fake Rolex. I prefer genuine brass and even aluminum to gilt. No Pimpmobile for me!

Quote:Also, When has Eric ever been consistent on anything except his inconsistency?

His politics and his expressions of morality. Justin Bieber and astrology (why?)

But you have gone from being a Communist to a Trump supporter. Is ISIS in your future? For obvious reasons I can rule out the KKK.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: skipped an archetype like time before last? - by pbrower2a - 04-30-2019, 10:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Archetype Names! jleagans 36 14,111 03-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,632 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Which turning and archetype is most joyful? Blazkovitz 31 12,480 05-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype? AspieMillennial 2 2,112 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: David Horn