Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skipped an archetype like time before last?
(05-03-2019, 05:29 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 05:14 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote: Didn't the Missionary and GI Generation in America also have what you see as Nomad tendencies? How are the Boomers different from the Missionaries and the Millennials different from the GIs in the US at least? Because I sense all of this is due to American culture, not a mega 3T. I know you say that there is no one American culture but the culture of wanting freedom, gun rights, and fighting against authority is very American no matter what the ethnicity. Also if you notice, the last 4T was also politically divided.

I would argue that all generations have all of the tendencies, or rather characteristics due to the fact that they are composed of individuals and each individual brings something different to the aggregate.

I haven't met any Missionaries so I couldn't say on an individual basis, but in the aggregate no I've not seen much in the way of  a nomadic tendency at all.  Such was actually weakest with them.  With the GIs who I do have personal experience the ones who did have nomadic tendencies either had Lost Parents or Late-Lost siblings influencing (say Interbellum Cusp).  Over all GIs were very interested in new ideas and technologies--though spirituality not so much. 

I've argued that there is no Unified American culture.  Wanting freedom, guns and being suspicious of authority simply isn't enough to express a common psychology manifesting itself as a common culture.

I would say that all turnings are politically divided to a certain extent.  This current 4T though seems to be a cold civil war running between the Nationalist-Populists (who are also largely conservative) vs the Progressives (who really should be more accurately called communist reactionaries--as Marxism is itself obsolete [one has to undo actual technological and economic progress to have the world fit into that paradigm and it never really did anyway since Marx was a severely flawed sociologist].

What's unusual about Millennials (especially the 1980s borns) is there's both a fascination in new technology and old technology at the same time. Many of them are into the latest tech gadgets but also many older things like vinyl record players and old school polaroid cameras are in. What do you think causes the contradiction of both wanting the new and wanting the old at the same time that was different than the last 4T?

Messages In This Thread
RE: skipped an archetype like time before last? - by AspieMillennial - 05-03-2019, 07:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Archetype Names! jleagans 36 14,113 03-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,636 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Which turning and archetype is most joyful? Blazkovitz 31 12,491 05-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype? AspieMillennial 2 2,112 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: David Horn