Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-14-2016, 03:24 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 09:25 PM)Odin Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 08:20 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 08:14 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: The blue drama queens are so annoying yet so entertaining at the same time.

Even i have to think it is ridiculous. I want to know where they are getting their ideas. Does everything have to be so sensationalist over there?

I remember people doing the exact same Chicken Little "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING" thing when Bush was elected in 2000, and throughout his presidency there was paranoid ranting about Bush cancelling elections and making himself dictator.

CALM DOWN PEOPLE!!!

It's not a question of not being calm. It's a question of realizing what might happen. Bush was far worse than we thought, indeed; and not only did he unleash imperialism on a wicked and unheard-of scale, he did threaten civil liberties in serious ways, and at Cheney's behest tried mightily to concentrate power in the presidency. But Bush is not Donald Trump. The two are different. Trump might offer some likely-deceptive programs to benefit the working class, just as Hitler did. He may make the trains run on time (i.e. "build some transportation infrastructure" as he claims he wants), since he is Mussolini reincarnate. It's not clear now just how far he may go toward making himself dictator, or what he can get away with. But his temperament could not be more clear, and his egging on crowds to hurt protesters at his rallies, his pining for the good old days when they were roughed up, and his banning of reporters he doesn't like from his events, as well as advocacy of war crimes, suggest alarming tendencies. He cannot be impeached, and he can pack the courts eventually. Panic and wild charges may be premature, but he needs to feel maximum pressure on him, and ultimate watchfulness, and relentless organizing against his party.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM