Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-19-2016, 02:31 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Maybe the problem is the interaction and stalemate between the two parties rather than just one party.  We have a dysfunctional government.  A good sized part of the problem is less interest in the good of the people and good government, more interest in confrontation and making the other guys look bad.  Right now, I anticipate an ugly two years followed by an ugly set of mid term elections for the Republicans.  Yes, it is bad that they are getting their innings, but while the culture is centering on extreme partisan thinking, I'm doubtful that we are going to break the pattern of a few terms of Democratic White Houses without filibuster resistant congresses followed by Republicans all over the place and disaster.
You can anticipate a bad midterm 2018 election for Republicans in the House, but given the gerrymander and Trump's appeal to the heartland people, it may not go that far. You can't anticipate a bad election for the GOP in the Senate; there are virtually no Republicans in blue states to vote out, and 10 Democrats from red states are vulnerable. I already pointed this out before. If you're willing to listen, then please don't ignore irrefutable facts when they are pointed out to you. Show me by example.

The problem is the fact that an outdated party is able to enthrall and enslave half the country, and cause a stalemate with their stubborn, fanatical, fundamentalist attitudes. You're not going to get any progress by giving into them and compromising with them. Obama tried that and failed, and he should have known better, and so should we all. This is the Union vs. Dixie; there's no compromise possible. Calling this hate is utterly beside the point. This is reality and where we are.

Quote:The regeneracy would require a consensus, and a consensus isn't coming without a willingness to respect and listen.  Feeding the hate won't get it done.

The only way a regeneracy can happen now, the ONLY way, is for resistance to begin now and build and grow. How that happens is not just for me to describe or prescribe. If people feel they can communicate and convince people on the other side, fine and dandy; go for it. I wish you well. I might try it too. But if you read the article I posted on the other thread about the people of the midwest and the heartland, it's clear that many of them do not have a willingness or ability to listen. In fact, opinions are pretty well settled on both sides. Consensus will only come from victory. That's how it always comes in 4Ts. If you know Strauss and Howe, then you can't ignore that pattern in history.

Right now, the wrong side has won. Things are not looking good. You can't ask people very easily to be happy about it.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 11-19-2016, 05:31 AM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM