Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-23-2016, 04:23 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: One step closer.  He's reconsidering his position on climate change.

CNN Wrote:On the campaign trail, Trump had pledged to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accords -- a move that would upend global efforts to address global warming.

Tuesday, he wasn't as specific.

"I'm looking at it very closely. I have an open mind to it," he said.

It was part of a broader change for the President-elect on the topic of climate science. He had previously rejected scientists' conclusion that humans have played a role in the earth's warming. But on Tuesday, Trump said that "I think there is some connectivity" between humans and climate change, although he declined to elaborate.

A big gap between what a politician says he will do and what he actually does isn't surprising.  Anyone want to suggest someone who flipped this much immediately after an election?

Mind you, I'm not complaining about most of the flips.  Mostly, the old Trump spoke to attract the Republican base, while the new Trump might be more in touch with reality.

Trump has never been consistent in what he says. Recall the videos in which Trump earlier all but endorsed Hillary Clinton and the Democrats.

However, his appointment designations have so far been abominable. What he does will be the test of whether he is some kind of moderate or some kind of right-winger. I suspect that he may do well at reassuring people, and then turn around and do horrible things. But I hope and pray that I am wrong.

I have written before, that-- empirically according to the aspects in his chart-- he may actually do a pretty good job. But that is based on (a) my choice of which presidents are "the best" and (b) a rather small sample of those.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 11-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM