Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-23-2016, 06:11 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: You're kidding right?  Just look at this   house price.

I didn't specifically say they might move to MY city! There's plenty of other cities in America.

Quote:
Quote:That's what happens in most poor countries when crops fail, landowners get greedy or poverty gets worse. In fact, I'm amazed that rural voters are still so numerous that they can swing an election.

I think folks would be better off doing the exact opposite. The best idea is to sell a house in bubbleland and go to nice cheap Oklahoma and retire on the house price differential. Cool

The problem being that the peoples' mindset out there in rural red America (present cyber-company excepted) is anathema to most people in bubbleland. So, we're stuck here.

It might work economically, for someone who can bring his/her California nest egg with them and don't have to depend on the red state economy. But, economics isn't everything, though "pecuniary" Rags might be tempted to think so. For my money, it's worth it to live in a blue state. And there are bargains here if you can find them, and we do have a government that's willing to help out in various ways.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 11-24-2016, 05:18 AM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM