Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-24-2016, 05:18 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
Quote:I didn't specifically say they might move to MY city! There's plenty of other cities in America.

But, but San Jose is just so famous. Big Grin

This song came out when I was 6.  It's just one of those songs that gets stuck in my head. Cool

Quote:
Quote:That's what happens in most poor countries when crops fail, landowners get greedy or poverty gets worse. In fact, I'm amazed that rural voters are still so numerous that they can swing an election.

Quote:The problem being that the peoples' mindset out there in rural red America (present cyber-company excepted) is anathema to most people in bubbleland. So, we're stuck here.

Eric, Eric, I already picked a nice house (IMHO) and showed it to XY_4AD.  Just look at this gem! It has everything I like. A nice low,low price and no lawn. Just think of the CO2 emissions that sort of yard saves.  And the mindless effort of messing with that nasty 1950's relic, a lawn. It's in ocean blue California even. I'd add a little greenery though. I think some prickly pear cactus and if y'all can legalize peyote, I can plant that. XY_4AD, hmmm. mentioned Placer county. Let's see what the ol'e interwebs comes up with there.

Here's something.

Quote:It might work economically, for someone who can bring his/her California nest egg with them and don't have to depend on the red state economy. But, economics isn't everything, though "pecuniary" Rags might be tempted to think so. For my money, it's worth it to live in a blue state. And there are bargains here if you can find them, and we do have a government that's willing to help out in various ways.

You are correct. There are bargains to be had in California of all places. The best part of said bargains is that they're located in areas not affected by suburban sprawl and the ensuing traffic headaches like I endured in Houston. I'm guessing I can indulge in a pecuniary pass time in Placer county. I can go out and pan for gold. Placer county is named after placer gold deposits.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Ragnarök_62 - 11-24-2016, 09:21 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM