Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-27-2016, 12:48 AM)Galen Wrote: Considering how bad the public schools are how is any of this a problem.  At this point I am looking forward to see public employee unions go away.  Lets see how the Democrats do without Teacher's Union money.

Let's see how well public education does when teachers are paid like retail sales clerks.

For-profit education? Do you mean like the infamous Corinthian Colleges that induced students to borrow heavily in federally-insured student loans and gave bad vocational education? The Obama Administration cut off the student loans and Corinthian Colleges shut down. I understand that the Trump Administration wants to bring back such shyster schools.

Private schooling can do well when it cherry-picks elite students. So what? There are easy students to teach, and difficult ones. Public schools end up with many of the disabled and dull students. In  many schools and school districts, public schools double as social-service agencies, an added cost for dealing with students with problems. Let's say that the kids' parents have been busted for meth, and the kids have traumatic experiences of facing the Big Blue Meanies (the police) taking Mommy and Daddy away again, perhaps this time for ten-to-life. As a substitute I have had encountered such kids. it is not easy.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by pbrower2a - 11-27-2016, 02:10 AM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM