Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-27-2016, 05:53 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 03:55 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Indeed, at just the time when there was talk about the need for someone other than the police to be social workers in poor communities, the people of Galen's persuasion are back in power and able to cut off social services and education even more. What the right-wing wants is for the poor and people of color to suffer, apparently. They want them to rise up, and get themselves shot and jailed by racist police. They are not satisfied with 40 years of national decline; they want more and more.

There are racists and bad cops out there.  The entire Republican party, however, is not made up of racists and bad cops.  They just don't see as much of the problems we see in urban areas and don't want to spend a ton of money solving problems that they don't tend to see.

Thus, the above would be in some respects a vile stereotype, a slanderous negative image of those you disagree with.  To the degree you indulge yourself in such thinking and tell other people what they think, you aren't listening or growing.

The last election had both factions talking to their own bases in a "we're the good guys, they're the bad guys" partisan angle.  The degree to which the Democrats couldn't understand or didn't care about large parts of the country became a disaster for progressives.  I'd like to see one party or the other try to govern the whole country, not just the parts that have bought into their particular scheme.

Policies have results, and the results of the policies followed in the red states are generally not good for them. So I don't think it's a matter of telling people what they think, or pretending that I'm inherently better because of what I think. The best policies generally work best for everyone. There are different needs in different places too, so when people seek the proper balance, it can be achieved. Right now, no, the Republicans are not seeking it. What would be helpful, is if they would take the time to understand what the people need. It's quite possible for people to do that; it's just not being done right now in those states. To depend on the police for social work, is not helpful, according to many witnesses I've heard who live and work in those areas. 

If the people can't vote correctly, they bring the disaster upon themselves, and to a large degree, upon all of us.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 11-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM