Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-27-2016, 09:34 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 11:20 AM)Bronsin Wrote: You know you're on the right side when the opposition is burning flags and mourning Castro.

[Image: Rest+in+power+fidel+castro+after+638+ass...100964.jpg]

Marxism-Leninism, including Castroism, is in part a moral appeal -- that mass suffering for the indulgence of a few is unconscionable. That it comes with a police state, numbing propaganda, pervasive regimentation, material scarcity, and the absence of political choice discredits Marxism-Leninism, including Castro's variety. But should Donald Trump and his supporters 'give' us a police state, numbing propaganda, pervasive regimentation, material scarcity, and the absence of political choice in the name of "national greatness", then maybe there will be American exile communities elsewhere in the world in which people celebrate the death of someone who murdered American democracy.

Yes, I hope for the best, but this largely depends upon Donald Trump operating with a moral compass that he never showed during the 2016 election. Expecting a politician to become more humane and decent in office than he was in a campaign is like expecting a tiger to go vegetarian.

For the record, I'm not mourning Castro.

In my exchanges with Kinser during his Marxist phase, I repeated often my feeling that the followers of Marx replace one group of ruling elites with no check on their power with another.  Castro would be no exception.  At least, I envision Castro as the typical communist leader riding in fancy cars, not going hungry, and having access to good medical care, while his people are treated less well.

Trump?  He rides in fancy cars and planes, doesn't go hungry and has good access to medical care too.  How proactively will he take health care away from the poor?  How active will he be in further increasing the division of wealth?  While I'm dubious that another round of borrow and spend trickle down will have a different long term result than Bush 43's, I don't think Trump will produce an economy as bad as Cuba's under Castro.  Pushing Trump = Castro is a bit much for me, but I'm not expecting a vegetarian tiger either.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Bob Butler 54 - 11-28-2016, 06:52 AM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM