Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-28-2016, 02:46 AM)Galen Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 11:20 AM)Bronsin Wrote: You know you're on the right side when the opposition is burning flags and mourning Castro.

Pretty much how I feel about it.  I bet Castro had a pretty large body count.

Small by the standards of Commie regimes upon achieving power, probably on the level of Agosto Pinochet and much less than the Argentine military dictatorship. Much less than the Duvalier regime in Haiti (before I even discuss famine) or the Trujillo regime of the Dominican Republic. Less, probably, than the drug wars in Colombia and Mexico for which fault American addicts have much blood on their hands.

I would have fled Cuba -- that is certain. The regimentation, the numbing propaganda, the absence of democracy, and the endless shortages of consumer goods would have caused me to do something drastic to escape Cuba. Castro was colorful, which is more than one can say of most other post-WWII Commies; that made it possible for people outside Cuba to trivialize how nasty he was.

I wonder if I will flee Trump.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by pbrower2a - 11-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM