Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(12-06-2016, 01:30 PM)playwrite Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 04:04 AM)Galen Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 06:15 PM)taramarie Wrote: "We need those regulations. Without them the people and the planet suffer for the sake of elites' profits."

I actually agree with Eric on this.

You don't really understand the magnitude of the problem I suggest that you find out the size of the regulatory burden in the US.  If you are unfortunate enough to be in California its much worse.  This is the result of an unelected bureaucracy that is out of control.

Ah, having the POTUS deciding which individual companies (Carrier) will get a tax cut and which will not (Trane, American Standard, Rheem Lennox, etc. ) is the utmost in regulating.  Remember, "government shouldn't decide the winners and losers; that's the job of the markets!"

I always thought Libertarians/Austrians could be bought off, I just didn't realize how cheap.  It's down to around 800 Carrier jobs saved which is lost in the noise of weekly employment gains/loses.  

You should at least consider removing that laissez faire quote from your signature line - such clear hypocrisy has to be just a tad embarrassing, no?
I thought the Democrats were suppose to be the ones who cared about American workers more than they cared about corporate profits. Do you own stock in Carrier?

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM