Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(12-07-2016, 08:07 AM)Odin Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 05:36 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 03:56 PM)Galen Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 03:49 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: ... We need those regulations...

No we don't.

Take just a minute and look at the map of the worst superfund sites, all the direct result of too little regulation. 

[Image: Superfund_sites.svg]

Note that none of them were or will be cleaned-up by the ones who did the polluting, or even at their expense.  After all, no one said no.

Jesus Christ, I never realized there were so many, or that I grew up just a few miles from 2 of them

One of them is in the town of 2000 people in which I grew up as a child.

Quote:High levels of trichloroethylene, dichloroethylene, and vinyl chloride (also known as volatile organic compounds or VOCs) as well as elevated levels of heavy metals and cyanide have been detected in private and groundwater monitoring wells in the area.  Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and metals such as cadmium have been found in sediment samples downstream of the old lagoons.  Lagoon sludge contains heavy metals, including cadmium, chromium, and lead.

Cheers! The town has an unusually-high cancer rate.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by pbrower2a - 12-07-2016, 08:20 AM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM