Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(12-13-2016, 10:31 AM)radind Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 07:47 AM)Odin Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 06:19 AM)radind Wrote: I am expecting the USA to be better off by Summer 2017. Still not totally convinced that the US has escaped from Clinton. Waiting on 19 Dec election.

You will be BEGGING for Clinton by next summer.

We can compare notes then. I have been in mourning for the last 8 years and finally have  a glimmer of hope. I saw no hope with Clinton.

Mourning? More people will be mourning for loved ones killed in workplace accidents because health and safety laws are gutted. Should there be a war, Donald Trump will make it all the deadlier to Americans through his bungling. If he succeeds in repealing Obamacare without replacing it, then people will die because they will be priced into a grave. 

I expect the Trump economy to have elite profits and compensation as the sole objectives of the American economy. No human suffering will be in excess so long as it turns or indulges a profit. This will be a cheap labor country with brutal management... and the only solution that the elites will offer to the common man is to work harder, ignore hardships, and make sure to appreciate how wonderful their 'benefactors' are. Make America Great Again -- sure, but only for the super-rich.

Many people are going to recognize American citizenship the way Soviet citizens typically saw it -- something one was born with and simply has not yet renounced. It has been a desirable thing to attain and keep -- but not under a dictatorship that mistreats one on behalf of people who have no responsibility for the welfare of any but themselves.

I look at a Trump Presidency and see nothing but despair. Any meaning in life will be from the ordinary joys of consumerism and personal milestones that would happen anyway... and from resisting a vile regime. I have never participated in a protest before -- but I expect to do so often.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by pbrower2a - 12-13-2016, 01:53 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM