Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
Something I'm thinking about ... from the perspective of actually running an enterprise. I did so during one part of my career.

I discovered that even as the main man, the boss, the head honcho ... I could say anything I wanted to, but actually making something happen is a whole different thing. Managing, administrating, course-correcting, trouble-shooting, these are all things that have to be done, or one's enterprise simply vacillates, turns slowly in the water, nothing much happening.

Is Trump a good hands-on manager/administrator? I'm skeptical about that. I think his business model was that of the Mafia. Which is: borrow someone else's money, build something, strip out the cash over a period of time, bankrupt it and let the assets go back to whomever lent the money in the first place. Interestingly, the original lender can often come out pretty good as does the "entrepreneur." It's the little/middle guys that get screwed, and nobody gives a shit about them. There's always new little guys lined up in desperation thinking they can make a buck off this big guy.

Are Trump's appointees good hands-on managers/administrators? The military guys probably are. The rest of them? Not so much.

"Heck-of-a job, there, Brownie!" How much are those guys going to be able to get done, good or bad?

The downside is that Ryan and the boys might be able to send competent folks from the hangers-on around lobbyists, etc. to the government's departments to actually get things done, or un-done as the case may be.
[fon‌t=Arial Black]... a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition.[/font]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by TnT - 12-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM