Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(12-26-2016, 06:13 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 03:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council)
says:

President-elect Donald Trump says he'll withdraw from Paris climate agreement, approve the Keystone XL pipeline, and open up coal and oil drilling everywhere. All in his first 100 days.

Friends of the Earth says:

Donald Trump is a grave threat to our environment and everything we stand for. He’ll gut the Clean Power Plan, “cancel” the Paris climate accords, and hand over control of our key government agencies to Big Oil.

We’ve never faced anything like this before. We need your help to fight back!

At Friends of the Earth, we have a plan to stop Trump. But your donation will drive it forward.

1. We’ll start by exposing and defeating Trump’s appointees. Donald Trump has brought in climate deniers and Big Oil cronies like Scott Pruitt, Rex Tillerson and Rick Perry to run his government. So we’ll shine a light on their shady corporate pasts and push Congress to reject them. And if they make it through Congress, we will expose and watchdog their every move.

2. Once Trump’s in office, we’ll take him to Court. Trump wants to undo President Obama’s climate legacy. But he still has to follow the law. So we’ll use the courts to tie up his attempts to undo our progress.

3. Meanwhile, we’ll block bad legislation. Republicans have control of both the House and Senate. But Democrats still have the power of the filibuster. So we’ll push them to use it to stop dangerous bills from reaching Trump’s desk. We’ll be knocking on their doors to ensure that they stand up for what’s right.

But we can do more than just play defense. There are ways we can win even with anti-environmental extremists controlling our government.

1. We’ll push corporations to do the right thing for the planet. As a consumer, you have a lot of power to shift the market away from destructive products. Friends of the Earth members like you have gotten garden retail giants Home Depot and Lowe’s to remove bee-killing pesticides from their shelves. You’ve convinced Subway and In-and-Out Burger to stop sourcing meats that have been treated with antibiotics. You drove grocery stores to stop selling GMO salmon. And that’s all in the last two years. Now, we’ll build on this strategy to win lasting victories for the environment.

2. We’ll take the fight outside Washington. We can still make progress in states like California and New York. And when environmental laws pass in one state, others often follow. So we’ll work at the state level to advance protections for our planet.

3. We’ll unite with our international community. As a member of Friends of the Earth, you’re a part of a global environmental community based in 74 countries. With this international force behind us, we can reduce Trump’s ability to back out of international agreements like the Paris Climate Agreement.

Help fuel the fight to protect the planet: Give $15 or more and your gift will be matched -- up to $350,000!

We’ve faced hostile administrations before -- sixteen years ago, under President Bush. And before that, under President Reagan. But together we used these same tactics to successfully block attacks on the environment.

Trump presents unprecedented threats to our planet, but with your support we can prevent the worst.

This is the same NRDC that opposed the Washington State initiative to impose a carbon tax.  Actual friends of the environment they are not.  Like most supposed "green" groups these days, they are more about lining their own pockets.

I am glad I support them. They do excellent work, and they don't line their pockets at all. You can judge them on the basis of one position they took. As I said before, I agree with you. Their points in this post stand, unimpeachable; challenging to folks like you who support the most anti-environmental candidate ever, from any country. And you must take responsibility for your support of this destructive, anti-life candidate and everything he does to our planet and country. It won't be pretty.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 12-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM