Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(12-29-2016, 02:49 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 07:53 AM)Odin Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 06:58 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 06:27 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: We progressives will fight and demonstrate and write and organize against Drumpf, and Drumpf has promised at his rallies to crack down hard on us and have us carried out on stretchers, beaten up and jailed. It may not be pretty, and people are going to be hurt by Drumpf. Violence may occur on both sides.

This is the reality. The personal behavior here is not the problem, and it's wrong to focus or put energy into it in these posts. Those who do, are just as guilty themselves, if not more so; so it means nothing coming from them at all. The moderator can decide, for better or worse, and we can report what we don't like. That's fine. But what needs correcting is what America did on Nov.8, and for the last 37 years. Let's see THAT corrected, and THEN we can TALK more about respect and love and politeness. The opposition to Trump and the Republicans, if it's polite, will fail. It must be bold and unrelenting.

You can disagree, and claim some kind of moderate or "polite" approach is better, or support the GOP instead. That's a perfectly appropriate viewpoint to take, even if I disagree. It's not a personal issue. There are many points of view, and this is an open forum. I accept that there are other views besides my own. If there weren't, it would get boring here. It's virtually fruitless to spend time posting here, if one hopes to convince people to your view. I understand that too. But at least it's a repository for information that I and others find, and a practice field for writing about it.
It is a problem because it causes people to not listen and do you win battles that way? I do not see it working. Thing is, Eric I agree with you politically. I would make a miserable Republican. I do not relate to them at all. I just am very skeptical about your strategy of convincing others that you are right. Does it work should be the question.

The "listen to everyone's opinions and be nice to each other" mindset is the Artist approach and the lack of an active Artist generation in a 4T is a big reason 4Ts are what they are (and how Artists get that mindset in the first place as children).
Good so they will eventually push America in that way. Btw keep in mind my mother was ahead of her time. Which is why I feel more like a late civic/artist. But my personality type also plays a part in that....ISFP. This makes me happy that with time people will move in this direction and will become a bit more civil for it.
Mom's approach didn't work with bullies. Dad's approach worked better with them. Mom didn't like it but she accepted it after my issue with a bully (bullies in general) went away, so to speak. What's the difference between the "F" of an ISFP and the "T" of an ISTP? Whatever that difference is is part of the differences between us.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM