Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
So I watched The Donald give his address. He didn't say "you're fired" to President Obama, but thanked him for his help in the transition. He didn't engage in racist rhetoric, but said prejudice is not patriotic. He claimed that the people are now taking back their country, and that forgotten people will no longer be forgotten.

That's all good, but words are easier than actions.

And the lies are embedded in his speech, and must be called out. The people are easily deceived that he is giving back power to them. He is not. He talked about the elites that have enriched themselves in government. But the government is not where the elites are that have enriched themselves. They are in the capitalist and corporate world of which Trump is the most famous member. They control the government, and the Republican Party which he now heads are its representatives there. They are allowed to lobby and control both parties through their money. And he has appointed them to his cabinet, and will appoint them to the Courts. Trump's new administration is not a return of power to the people, as he claims. It is a corporate takeover.

Mr. Trump, I agree with you that the inner cities, the abandoned factories, the people left behind are hurting. It is mostly Republican policies, not so much Democratic and liberal/left policies, that have created this condition, and only Democratic and liberal policies can help change it, not Republican ones. I agree that we have enriched other countries at the expense of our own. Let's see if you can really create better trade deals, Mr. Trump. Your appointments belie your words, however. Your administration's officials seek to bring our nation down to the level of others whom we have catered to in our trade deals. Your administration seeks to pollute our rivers, destroy our lands and native heritage, and exploit our workers with low wages and reduced protections. Your deregulation promises to ravage our people, our climate, our lands and our economy, without the prosperity trickling down from corporate profits that you promise, and your tax policy seeks to further widen the gap between the rich and the rest of us.

If you truly wish to fulfill your promise to "make America great again," then Mr. President, you will have to wake up and get educated. You will have to say "you're fired" to most of the folks you have appointed, and hire others who will defy your Party and pursue opposite policies. If you really want to rebuild our roads and bridges and airports as you promise, then you will have to work with Democrats to spend real tax dollars on these projects, and not merely give tax breaks to your crony capitalists in hopes they will be able to get rich with tolls and usage fees.

You will need an education about foreign affairs. America First may appeal to the American people, and may have a point, but we have allies that must be supported, and tyrants to guard against. All peoples of the world, just like all peoples of the nation, are God's people and one people. What benefits one, benefits all. Our borders are not being over-run; they have already been protected. Our military is great enough. You will need to work politely and intelligently with our allies and neighbors, uphold the rule of international law and not the interests of yourself or corporate profits, and not take personal offense or conduct foreign affairs by tweet.

Mr. President, words are easy, but you face an education if you are going to make them real. And we the people face an education too. We need to get informed about what's going on in this administration, and who is doing it. We can't be naive; we can't paper over differences. We must stand up for truth and justice, and foster the awakening that alone can bring it forth.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 01-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM