Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(01-25-2017, 12:36 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 09:31 PM)TnT Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 07:08 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Many people will have to hit bottom before they recognize what a raw deal Donald Trump is. People will need to associate the Republican Party with declining living standards, more work but less pay, environmental degradation, shattered dreams of youth, and people dying because they are priced out of medical care, and maybe loved ones returning in body bags from wars for profit  while elites flaunt extreme wealth and power.  

They get a democratic alternative or they get revolution.

Here's the trouble with that.  When the s*** hits the fan, Trump won't be blamed.  Obama will be blamed.  Hillary will be blamed. Liberals will be stereotyped, blamed and demonized.  Trump will be deployed as the pitiful victim of the left.  I truly wonder if we aren't headed for a real live civil war.

We Americans are so spoiled.  We think we are immune from the crap that happens so commonly all over the world.
I have suggested this many times before and even some Americans like Chas are comparing this era in America to the civil war era as well as the Gilded age. Let us just say there is a high possibility at this time in history for it to happen. It would possibly take some larger foreign danger or some miracle to happen to bring people together rather than start a new civil war.

In the 1850s there was a New York senator named William Seward, later Lincoln's secretary of state, who famously said that there was an "irrepressible conflict" between the North and South. I think Seward's phrase is relevant again. The divisions in American society are irreconcilable. We can't even agree on what is true and what is false.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM