Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(01-25-2017, 12:35 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 09:31 PM)TnT Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 07:08 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Many people will have to hit bottom before they recognize what a raw deal Donald Trump is. People will need to associate the Republican Party with declining living standards, more work but less pay, environmental degradation, shattered dreams of youth, and people dying because they are priced out of medical care, and maybe loved ones returning in body bags from wars for profit  while elites flaunt extreme wealth and power.  

They get a democratic alternative or they get revolution.

Here's the trouble with that.  When the s*** hits the fan, Trump won't be blamed.  Obama will be blamed.  Hillary will be blamed. Liberals will be stereotyped, blamed and demonized.  Trump will be deployed as the pitiful victim of the left.  I truly wonder if we aren't headed for a real live civil war.

We Americans are so spoiled.  We think we are immune from the crap that happens so commonly all over the world.
You're right. Trump would be more politically immune than the previous presidents (Clinton, Bush II and Obama) who proceeded him. Civil War over what? A woman's right to choose or a transgenders right to choose his/her bathroom. When the crap hits the fan, I see an American flag with a few less stars or an America flag with the same amount of stars with new states with new names and that's about it. It's funny, I listen to Obama speak about America, it's resilience, it's heroism and the greatness that it represents as if he was speaking about us from a distance. I think to myself, yeah, we are a pretty good, we are pretty brave, we unite and stick together through serious stuff pretty well and you should be proud of us. Its to bad that you were taught to hate us so much by your mother and all her liberal friends and  associates and all the liberals surrounding you later on.

Wrong. He has made a sharp break with the ethical values and social priorities of administrations going back to Franklin Delano Roosevelt. We live in a new moral and economic universe in America. For a medical analogue, think of getting paraplegia from a vehicle crash. For the victim that is new, and it implies a much less satisfying life.

The big fault is a set of economic priorities that demand great sacrifices from nine-tenths of the people on behalf of a tiny minority of economic elitists  who recognize no responsibility toward their workers -- and elitists who want to set that system in place forever by destroying what remains of democracy. Americans will not be stupid. They will get letters from expats who send letters from countries in which a waiter makes more than does an engineer in America. Those who have contact with foreigners as bellhops and bartenders will meet foreigners who go for a skiing holiday in America because it is much cheaper, even allowing for the cost of a flight, than skiing in their own Switzerland.

I wonder how many Russian Bolsheviks had relatives in America who told them how much better life is in America -- the Bolsheviks believing that all that they had to do was to dispossess the aristocrats and plutocrats and get things far better -- even better than in America!
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by pbrower2a - 01-25-2017, 11:13 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM