Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(01-26-2017, 01:28 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 11:58 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 07:07 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 03:45 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 12:35 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: ... Trump would be more politically immune than the previous presidents (Clinton, Bush II and Obama) who proceeded him. Civil War over what? A woman's right to choose or a transgenders right to choose his/her bathroom. When the crap hits the fan, I see an American flag with a few less stars or an America flag with the same amount of stars with new states with new names and that's about it. It's funny, I listen to Obama speak about America, it's resilience, it's heroism and the greatness that it represents as if he was speaking about us from a distance. I think to myself, yeah, we are a pretty good, we are pretty brave, we unite and stick together through serious stuff pretty well and you should be proud of us. Its to bad that you were taught to hate us so much by your mother and all her liberal friends and  associates and all the liberals surrounding you later on.

Unfortunately, your America is the vastly poorer half.  If it comes down a schism, don't count on doing all that well.
You assume that it is. I'm politically associated with largely middle income and above.

You and Warren make the same mistake. You judge the condition and policies of the entire country based on your own personal situation.
Are you saying that you're weren't doing that? Do you know why you're failing at preaching blue gospel and receiving support for government charity programs and failing to convince others of your sincerity? You can't hide your self centered behavior, your super ego or your obvious disdain for others who disagree with you. How far do we need to go? My advice, place us all on you're ignore list and post liberal stuff. Have you noticed anything different starting to happen with this forum? As I said, I'm down to one.

We "leftists" still have the First Amendment and expect to use it. We believe that we can show ourselves more coherent, honest, open, and fair than the Trump Administration. A President who keeps harping on the magnitude of his election despite it being the weakest mandate of mass popularity in more than a century and who insists that he can shape the official science to his will find his credibility vanishing quickly.

Do we claim to be flawless? Hardly, at least as persons. Some of us are alcoholics. Some of us are as greedy as the most rapacious plutocrat, except that we lack the means of achieving our greed (not well that materialism usually goes when one is successful. People under economic distress have serious needs to meet).  Some of us are sex fiends. Some of us neglect family ties. Some of us are lazy and improvident. Some of us show little loyalty to the communities in which we live. Some of us are simply stupid. But we can and must live with that.

On the whole we need a government that reflects the values of Americans. Most of us respect science because science has solved many problems in the past and created few. (It's with engineering and technology that we get into trouble, as when we cut corners or make decisions made solely for profit -- thus collapses of buildings and bridges and with such monstrosities as DDT and thalidomide). Most Americans value education for its practical value. Most of us recognize the need for probity in business dealings and for rationality in personal conduct. Most of us recognize that there is more to life than material gain and indulgence. Most of us have no use for ethnic, religious, or now sexual animus. We fare best when the political leadership promotes the best in our character, or as Abraham Lincoln put it, "the better angels of our nature" instead of our basest drives.

...the virtue of our Presidential republic is that a President and Congress get plenty of time in which to enact the will of the People as expressed in the latest election. The vice is that we can have far too long a time in which to maintain an absolute failure. Donald Trump is so far even worse than I expected in my worst-case scenario, and not only in rejecting my agenda. Could he be worse? Who knows? He might install a literal harem in the White House, so far as I can tell in view of his "grab them by the p---y" verbiage. But that would be a cultural offense. Committing war crimes? He has already shown proclivities to do so. Donald Trump, the final piece in the establishment of the sort of government to fit the dreams of the Tea Party Movement, may allow the permanent entrenchment of the power of people who see the sole purpose of government as the indulgence and enforcement of their will.... forever.

The ultimate check and balance upon despotism in America is the wisdom of the People, an unwillingness to accept leaders of vile character. The Electoral College gave us the vilest leader in American history. Donald Trump is a bigger philanderer than Bill Clinton ever was, but we could live with that. In fact, should he install a harem in the White House he might be so distracted that he might do less damage to America. Sex in the Oval Office with some failed starlet (rhymes with "harlot") might offend our sensibilities, but it would be far better than ordering the plunder of a partially-occupied country. Hmm.

Donald Trump reflects that America has some scorpions in too many American souls. Someone that awful can do so much damage that the aftermath can require major reforms of many of the political structures and even the educational system, the latter so that we be no longer vulnerable to so base a demagogue.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by pbrower2a - 01-26-2017, 11:36 AM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM