Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
Wow, what a betrayal this would be to all the folks who said Trump would be about "America First" and non-intervention! The worst neo-con hawk in America! Trump wants him for whut???

from info@justforeignpolicy.org

Elliott Abrams, a neoconservative who championed the Iraq war in the Bush White House, is reportedly emerging as Trump's choice to be Deputy Secretary of State. While serving at the State Department under Reagan, Abrams covered up gross human rights abuses by the governments of Guatemala and El Salvador. In 1991, Abrams was convicted of lying to Congress about the Iran-Contra affair. [1]

Urge the President & your Senators to oppose Elliott Abrams by signing our petition at MoveOn.

Republican Senator Rand Paul, a longtime critic of the neocons, has said he opposes Abrams' nomination. [2] Christopher Preble of the less-war, less-Empire Cato Institute calls the idea of nominating Elliott Abrams to the State Department "baffling." [3] As Senator Elizabeth Warren wrote during the Democratic presidential primary, "personnel is policy." [4]

Urge President Trump and your Senators to oppose the nomination of neocon Elliott Abrams to the State Department by signing and sharing our petition.

Thanks for all you do to help make U.S. foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman, Avram Reisman, and Sarah Burns
Just Foreign Policy
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 02-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM