Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(02-18-2017, 04:48 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Trump is trying as hard as he can to make sure we continue to depend on their oil, and support Israel. It's safe to say we're going nowhere fast, when it comes to getting out of the Mid-East. It seems like a pipe dream to me.

I'm glad you let me view myself as I wish. You might not be so sanguine about the fact that I think you're a world citizen too. We all are; that's the world we live in. So, I'd say, I'm not viewing myself that way. It's just the fact, man.

No, not pure evil at all, and not witchy. Not by a yuge long shot! Just a bit of hyperbole on her part. A bit of braggadocio and that's it.

Well, that's a bit better than your previous rant. I don't disagree, but I don't think whatever is done along those lines will relieve our labor surplus due to tech.

The West allowed Hitler to expand. But yes, it was also WWI and the depression that were causes. This whole time was the end of one age of civilization and the beginning of our own. Cataclysmic.

That's an easy one. Singling out Muslims as he does insults them and provides propaganda for the terrorist recruiters and discourages needed allies everywhere. As far as I can tell, Trump's cutting off refugees entirely, not reducing the number. I agree about bombing, except that Obama's raids on the IS are carefully planned and necessary, and working well unless Drump mucks it up. Other than that, it's not a good strategy. We are lucky the Afghans haven't turned on us.

Mideast Oil:  The fact remains that we're on the cusp of "cheap oil" from anywhere will collide with physics that [energy returned on energy invested will go to such a low number that oil becomes not sustainable. The real pipe dream is that we can run our economy on oil period. The best thing to do now is to use whatever time we have is to use fossil fuels to build renewable energy sources. The time is now to fabricate windmills/solar panels.

I'm not a world citizen Eric. The USA has a chance to escape the trap of physics behind food production / energy getting messed up. Localism in food production/ renewables can work.  The transition from the current energy regime to the new energy regime takes lots of domestic focus, not saving the world stuff. I'm channeling my own inner Boomer which means , yes my own path to take the USA from fossil fuels and my path to a sustainable future.  The age of limits is all so real to myself, but I want to confine that to something that is workable. So, Eric , I want an agenda that is both idealistic, but passes the BS test. Welcome to the "cusper zone. Cool Welcome to the Jones Zone, right?  I think that's the point of contention on a great many things.

Hillery: No Eric, not hyperbole. She's not grounded in reality along with stuff that isn't workable. The same goes for all Neocons. The actions she and other Neocons just simply won't work. Interventionism is just not worth efford, OK ?

Rant?  Really, Eric. Now, think about the things you, yourself exalt. I do that also. I'm and INTP or I'm just a Joneser. I don't know which label is behind my strident pushing said agendas....  So... I think the default labor surplus should be addressed because that part of my reality is something to fix to head off that source of sociatal instability Government in general needs to fix this. I'm one to allow government to address anything that sustains "ensure domestic tranquility". I don't think you'd disagree with that.

So, do you agree that WWII was a one off and the solution does not apply now ?

Muslims:  This not a catch all. Here's the deal. Not all Mideast refugees are Muslim. Here, not all refugees from the Mideast are Muslim. I have no problem with allowing folks from the Mideast are Muslim. Christians and Jews have been persecuted by say IS.  Those folks who are persecuted should be allowed to go to the front of the queue. It's a fact non Muslims are indeed persecuted along with others. Put those in front of the immigration queue. Besides they are far more able to assimilate. Obviously  those who assimilate should be allowed in from a humanitarian stand point.  As far a numbers, yes there is a limit so assimilation happens instead of saving everyone.

Afghanistan:  What you wrote speaks for itself. Leave before blow-back occurs. And of course, bombing is not a way of winning friends and influences people.

---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Ragnarök_62 - 02-20-2017, 11:27 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM