Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(02-23-2017, 12:56 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 09:14 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 08:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: <Snip stuff that seems redundant.  Feel free to correct this if desired.>

Let's get to clarity on this.  

OK, clarity is good. Let's see what we can do.

Quote:1.  Proper wording.   If somebody crosses the border, that person is an illegal alien and needs to be shipped back to the country of origin.  Eric, those people are breaking the law. My ancestors from the Åland Islands came to the US legally. I even have copies of their immigration records on hand. I do not like anarchy in any form. The US is a country where the principle of "a nation of laws" is applicable.

Illegality is not popular. However, proper perspective is needed. Illegal border crossing is a misdemeanor, as far as I can tell. Rounding up illegal aliens without a proper hearing, as Trump seems to be doing, is also illegal. Trump promised to deport criminal illegals. I'd rather he kept his promise than to do what he's been doing. But, fat chance of Drump keeping his promises. The Republicans would rather impose an expensive and cruel deportation than to pass the real bipartisan immigration reform that was offered, so that illegals could pay a fine and qualify for the citizenship they want.

Quote:2. Publicize crimes.  Easy, I agree with the Trump administration on this one point. The US "inn" should have a sign with "no vacancy". Again, global warming will certainly affect the carrying capacity of the territory known as the "United States". There is no frontier. There are no job vacancies. The US needs to learn from the clusterfuck in Europe. A wall is humane, while a mine field isn't. Now, I agree the war on drugs is messing with Mexico's internal affairs and should be ended. I have no problem with planned parenthood providing birth control services worldwide due to population overshoot.

Again, illegal aliens are not threatening your jobs. Legal ones; possibly. But white people don't do the jobs illegals do. And they are needed for the economy to work. That's a consideration. Mass deportation could cause a recession. This time, the USA has no tools to get out of one anymore. Great recessions hurt everybody. Immigration is not to blame for our economic woes. Immigrants power the economy.

Quote:3. Illegal aliens / privacy concerns.  OK, they can just stop coming to the US to begin with, OK? They are not citizens.

4. Deportation. Yes, Mexico has a point. All illegal aliens need to be deported to their country of origin, not just a default to Mexico.

5. Worker shortages:  What the hell is this shit all about?  Here's what will happen if the supply of illegals is shut off.
a. The employers will have to raise wages to get American citizens to take said jobs.  The other option is that said employers must automate said jobs with robots. Why the fuck should I have to pay for illegals alien children to attend school?  I'm already hard up.

Education helps you economically. Not just your own; anyone's who is here. Wages would have to go very high for Americans to take those jobs, assuming they ever would. That would strain the economy too. Illegals already get enough from those jobs to make a decent living. That doesn't seem to be the issue. Americans don't pay more for goods than they have to; raising the price of food sky high would drive American farmers out of business. Just more outsourcing. The Dream Act? Much better. Just impose a fine and require then to work.

Quote:6. I do agree with Mexico that they should not pay for the wall. The US has an interest in said wall. Mexico does not. I have no issue paying extra taxes to get the wall done.

That was just a campaign slogan to arouse the crowd. Demagogues do that.

Quote:7. I do not want to subsidize employers through taxes employers hiring labor on the cheap.  Fuck them. They can either pay up wages, buy robots, or just go bust. I do not want to subsidize these leaches.

Not sure what you are subsidizing. All workers should get what they are entitled to, legal or not.

Quote:8. The same goes for the H1-B rot.  Shut this fucking bullshit down, and do it now!  H1-B's fucked me out of a job. Damn outsourcers and high tech industry to hell. Any company that uses H1-B's to replace US citizens with H1-B's to can just go fuck themselves. I hate,hate,hate, the H1-B program. Shut it down, shut it down. I want these greedy motherfucker tech companies to pay. Angry

I understand your feelings. Maybe it should be shut down. But if Americans are going to take those jobs, they need to be qualified and educated for them. But as George Carlin points out correctly, the PTB don't want an educated American public; that's not in their interest. So, we're stuck.

Quote:8. Housing.  As I always said, housing is a consumer durable, not a fucking asset. If anyone is counting on their house to be an asset, they're just a fucking moron who buys into the "house is an asset" propaganda.

Quite correct; no comment.

1. Illegal aliens/ due process. 
a. Yes, it's a misdemeanor.
b. Proper funding should be provided to handle the deportation process according to law. I have no problem with appropriations to do it right.

That's good, but the real problem is the scale of deportations Drump has embarked on. He's now after everybody. That's very selective, random and unfair unless you plan to deport millions of people. That will be expensive and dangerous to the economy no matter how you slice and dice it.

Obama had already solved the immigration problem, or proposed realistic solutions to those already here. Illegal immigration has gone way down for years now. Smuggling is less likely to succeed already. Trump's actions are nothing but fulfilling demagogic campaign rhetoric. It gives vent to the rage of old white Americans, but beyond that it accomplishes exactly nothing.

Quote:2. Let's go back in time a bit, at least how things worked where I live.  An example would be the hot/labor intensive job of hay hauling. Back in the day, us teenagers hauled hay. I know folks who did this. I'd say the problem isn't really racial, but job availability.  I dare say that fruit picking is a tad less labor intensive than that. If we go back to the 1930's , California got lots of Okies to pick stuff. So, if wages rose such that folks could get wages paid above the table, things would work out. So, it's greedy farmers who exploit illegal aliens on the cheap. As for food prices, yeah sure, they'd go up. However that means there'd be no displaced externalities. That means for example that the right folks would be paying for schools.

3. White people won't do (those) jobs... even if they're unemployed.  Yes, that's a problem. If wages rise due to the lack of cheap labor, then the exploiters will have to pay up, right? At least they should pay.  In fact, I'd slap some heavy fines on said exploiters. I'd fine their asses off.  Here's a job description of some local meat packers. Workers MUST put up with cold temperatures, carry heavy stuff, etc. Now, if the supply of labor falls, then they might get a clue. Either improve labor conditions or suffer a labor shortage.

I just don't think blaming immigrants is going to create a labor shortage to be filled by Americans. Trump's strategy could create a deep recession soon. It looks like he's going full bore with it. Very cruel and hurtful. A lot of those deportees are going to die. This is not the USA represented by the Statue of Liberty. People sent back to Honduras and Guatemala are being sent back to countries with no better situations than Chad or Libya. Shameful.

Trump promised new trade deals. The TV pundits uniformly assume that TPP was a good deal and that tariffs are trade wars. I don't understand this at all. Why must free trade be such a dogma among pundits? Tariffs were the norm through most of history. Some mild tariffs just might work to keep companies from moving to Mexico and selling the work of cheap labor back to us.

Trump is not doing well at making such a deal. Insulting and deporting people is not a good diplomatic tactic. A level-headed president who focused on trade deals instead of deportations might actually get a deal that would encourage companies to stay and hire more workers at higher wages. Talk about "reducing the trade deficit" without tariffs, as one pundit said tonight on Charlie Rose, is a mystery to me. I don't see what can be done without tariffs. Trump's other tactics of reducing regulations that the people need to keep them safe, and lowering taxes on the wealthy, are not likely to pump up the economy as Republicans and stock traders believe. Neo-liberalism is a failure, and the fact that people don't know this yet, after 40 years of it, is also a failure.

Quote:4. Yes, legal H1-B's did fuck stuff up.  That's why I'd like to put the ca-bosh on that.  H1-B's are a legal way to hire cheap labor to replace US labor. That is why I'd love to destroy it. Dunno... I have a vendetta on that.  Training's a joke. Here's the problem. If you're over 40, like I said before, any IT job is toast. As for great recessions, perhaps, but it's a price to pay to get multinats to pay up with higher wages. I have no problem holding a gun to Google/Amazon/Facefuck's/etc. heads. It goes like this, either hire US STEM folks or go bust. Big Grin Here's what I really, really want to happen:  I want mass desperation in the IT field such that the multinats will bet and cry to get US workers retrained without a huge student loan debt.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  I admit I have a deep seated vendetta going.  Fuckerberg, Bezembezzle, Mayer, etc. need to cry out for mercy. Tongue  Yeah, I have a special place in hell for SAIC who H1-B'd me.  If I had my way, I'd ban that company from any future government contracts. Yes, I would, if I could, I'd pull any legal lever to destroy that company. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.  I want anyone who reads this to feel my rage. I want to rake SAIC over a bed of coals, I want all executives of said company to die. Rats and roaches are far, far more worthy of the biomass than those fuckers. Smile

I assume you mean Science Applications International Corporation? I wish it were true that we as individuals had the power to assign people to hell according to our wishes. I hear your pain. Maybe there's another company that would hire you. You seem able to comprehend lots of abstract stuff that I can't. Rage is probably not the best living strategy though. You middle-aged guys in red states aren't doing too well with it. But I don't like H1-B. Lots of folks here in silicon valley are taking the jobs Americans could do, presumably-- including google and facefuck.

Quote:5. Education.  Well now.  I'm 54 and if I do the math, a student loan at my age is a disaster.  Here's how it works. The worth of an education falls as one ages. I have only something like 12 years before Social Security with full benefits. [Unless the Republicans fuck this up. ] I'd also add that the canard of "retraining" is a joke. I fail to see where retraining gets anyone anywhere.  Germany has a better model, but we're talking Neoliberalism in the US.  The usual process here in the US is either fake retraining or some sort of dead end.  I know this is fucked up which is why I don't bother. I'd rather just coast along with a rinky dink minimum wage job that at least has a positive income stream than some sort of fake dream land.  I really don't think retraining in say cyber-security would work in the US.  I know I'm smart enough and have a basic background, but the debt to get there is prohibitive . That's even knowing  that's a hot field.  You're right, PTB apparently wants stupid even though at times it's them who suffer.  Penny wise, pound foolish.

6. Yeah, I'm venting... I have far more hatred towards mulinats if that accounts for anything.

Multinats are generally at-least borderline criminal organizations in my book. Neo-liberalism is their enabler. Republicans and Libertarians are true believers; Democrats are not, but DINOs are. Trump's guys are already aiming to repeal social security; they might succeed. Remember George Carlin predicted this. Watch that video please if you haven't already. It is soothing to the soul to hear someone rant as loudly as you and I do.

This is getting long and I can't snip stuff without losing context.  Anyhow, I'll try to pretend to run for Congress or somesuch.

Illegal Aliens.  They directly take jobs which should be done by US citizens. 
I'll let Ian Welch's blog entry explain this. I agree with this fully: http://www.ianwelsh.net/immigration-and-wages/.
Here's the real unemployment rate, : http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_dat...ent-charts
Participation rate:  https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000
The Statue of Liberty is not the whole story. The rule of law is just as important. Uncontrolled immigration is a disaster, like what's going on in Sweden.  http://nypost.com/2017/02/21/actually-sw...-refugees/

Don't try this at home.  I'd much rather learn from other nation-state's fuckups than do the same thing here.

So I've cross referenced the unemployment rate with the participation rate to ensure things line up. The conclusion I have is the labor force supply is too high. That means the US needs policies to reduce that supply. Deportation may be cruel, but so is chronic joblessness for US citizens. I'm siding with US citizens is all.
I like fines.  There's this thing called the E-verify program. Would be employers need to use that and check every new hire.  Everify should be mandatory, it's not now which is stupid.
White/black/brown/yellow/red/etc. citizens will do those jobs. Employment's already a requirement for able bodied folks under the age of 50 in order to qualify for SNAP etc.

Tariffs:  Well, like I've mentioned prior, I'd to a WTO allowed VAT tax and use that tax to finance Medicare for all. The Medicare payroll tax would be abolished. Taxing employment is silly.

Neoliberalism/Republican Parrots going on and on about "lower taxes, lower taxes, brwwwkkk.", "fewer regulations, fewer regulations brrrrwkkk", neoliberal stuff is getting really old after 40 years.

*parrot award for GOP

[Image: 220px-Port_Lincoln_parrot_at_Augusta_profile.jpg]

Yes, you got it. SAIC = Science Applications International Corporation.  It's next to impossible to get a new job in tech if you're over 40 and especially if there's a gaping hole in one's resume. I'm so, so screwed.  As for others, yeah, anti-labor shananagins were afoot.
https://prezi.com/x4hpdamrwgjy/silicon-v...sequences/

Regulations.  Libertarians should understand that anyone's right to pollute stops at my body's edge. Pollution is the ultimate violation of property rights. I'm sure that prior statement would be a huge headache for the GOP/Libertarian party.

You statements wrt Mulinats are spot on. No need to elaborate.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Ragnarök_62 - 02-24-2017, 07:34 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM